"Texas allowed Sanders to score to get the ball back" - Joey Galloway

Joey Galloway never ceases to stick his foot in his mouth when it comes to Oklahoma State. He always picks oSu to lose, and to try and save face on his prediction on this game, he alleges Texas allowed Sanders to waltz into the end zone, untouched, and go eights points down, so Texas could get the ball back and try to tie the game on a TD and 2-point conversion. He is the biggest tool of all the Stanley ESPN talking heads. But not to be one-upped, Jesse Palmer quips “there is no way Oklahoma State beats Iowa State if the offense plays like it did today.”

1 Like

It does if the defense plays like it did today.

1 Like

Purdy does the same thing sanders does. Either hot or cold. Hope he’s cold next week.

1 Like

The deal is Texas has had Sanders number. Same with purdy’s last 2 games with us. 2 loss this year having to prove himself next week

I mean, I’m not sure what your issue is, that’s exactly what Texas did. If you don’t believe me, go back and watch it, specifically 28 and 33 for Texas. 33 is the LB who watches Spencer go right in front of his face at the line and 28 is the safety to the field side who stops running when Spencer is at the 8 and sees him go by at arm’s length. Hate Joey Galloway all you want, but he was right about this.

6 Likes

@RyanS is 100% right. Go back and watch this play. I see at least 3 dudes not even trying, with two who could’ve potentially gotten to Sanders had they attempted. That play was strategic for Texas, hoping to go down 8 with 2 timeouts. Had Sanders seen this and kneeled at the 1, Texas still had TOs and could’ve tried to stop us from scoring.

https://youtu.be/6uXTVsOFhFs?t=8284

1 Like

Yep I have to agree after watching the video that NYCowboy put up. Still don’t like Joey Galloway after all these years of him dissing us. ha ha

1 Like

Even the commentator explicitly said “they let him score” and said it was a smart play. It doomed Texas, obviously, when we picked them the next possession.

2 Likes

It’s not the first time. They were running out of time for sure needing a td anyway. But going down eight made it more tuff. They just need a touch if we scored a fg. Plus what if we missed the field goal.

I did not hear that comment.

blob:https://www.foxsports.com/468ca87d-734d-4fa0-b538-f5a5681fc738

1 Like

Watch the video, listen when they’re speaking during the replay.

1 Like

It would have been funnier if we went for 2 and went up 2 possessions. Ended up working out anyways, but how would they feel if they purposefully let us win the game? That woulda been funny on Gundy’s part.

2 Likes