Texas Bowl Game Thread: Cowboys vs Cultists šŸˆ

Where are we going?

Pop Tarts??

5 Likes

Pop Tarts or Texas Bowl

1 Like

Maybe Alamo if OU goes NY6, Texas goes CFP and they take us over KSU

1 Like

Are we rooting for Bama for better bowl?

Georgia and then against FSU I think

Someone convince me a non-NY6 bowl game matters in the era of sit-outs & transfers.
Donā€™t get me wrong, I prefer to be in a bowl, but at this point Alana v. Pop Tarts v. Texas means little to me.

3 Likes

The practice time matters.

14 Likes

Absolutely, but essentially the same regardless of which bowl.
Edit: I realize I didnā€™t make that clear. I do think a bowl matters, I just have a hard time caring which one outside of NY6.

5 Likes

itā€™ll be Texas Bowl. OU locked into Alamo basically and KState going to Orlando

3 Likes

No. UT still has a real chance of playoff. So until FSU wins, OU is not locked into the Alamo at all.

2 Likes

locked in as in thatā€™s who Alamo is picking unless OU gets a NY6*

5 Likes

Ahh yes.

3 Likes

ok i take this back, OU isnā€™t getting in a NY6. The Big 12 doesnā€™t have any NY6 bowl tie ins anymore (like how the ACC has Orange). So regardless what happens with Texas, OU isnā€™t jumping anyone.

there are 12 spots:

ACC: If FSU wins (and gets in the playoff), Louisville gets the Orange Bowl. If Louisville wins, they also get the Orange Bowl and FSU gets some other NY6 bowl - 2

Big 10: Ohio State and Michigan are getting one regardless of what happens based on ranking. If Iowa wins and creates chaos, then thatā€™s 3 Big 10 teams. if Iowa loses either way Penn State may get one - 3

Big 12: Texas - 1

Pac 12: Washington and Oregon - 2

SEC: Bama, UGA, Missouri - 3

G5: Liberty? highest ranked G5 team is guaranteed a spot

thatā€™s 12 spots taken. OU is going to Alamo to play Arizona, book it. The only weird scenario is if FSU wins and is kept out the playoff, which would just be amazing to see from a chaos standpoint.

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:

Weā€™re all gonna be so pissed when the B12 title game is Utah vs Arizona next year.

Arizona is going to be a major problem for everyone. Utah not so much. Even though cam rising in his 32nd year could be an issue.

3 Likes

Have seen us V A&M Texas bowl
Louisville pop tart bowl

2 Likes

Probably alone on this, but I donā€™t really care about the bowl prestige, I just want a win. In 2-3? years no one remembers the non NY6 bowl we played but they see the stat sheet that says 10 win season!

7 Likes

Arizona is awesome and Young AF.

1 Like

Iā€™m a Pop-Tarts truther (mainly so I can get another Disney trip out of it)

3 Likes

Arizona beat reporter just put out donā€™t be surprised if itā€™s Arizona vs OSU in Alamo.

8 Likes