Texas Tech Transfer Robert Jennings Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/texas-tech-transfer-robert-jennings-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

Lutz lands a Big 12 transfer.

The best we can land is guys who come off the bench?
With the good programs that offered him from high school it seems like he was a really good player then. Not sure if that carries over to the next level since he has played not many minutes.

Played in 31 hames started 10. Compare that to his first year. I know its been a while. Every year a guy should impove. This guy was the first foward off the bench on a better team

1 Like

Texas Tech has had some really good big men and upper class man. I don’t think stud starters leave. It would be nice, but we are going to have to create a talented team…we’re not a blue blood that can just go recruit from other teams.

I love how Lutz is going after guys that simply hustle! Sounds like we might slowly be getting back to Coach (Eddie) Sutton style of ball.

1 Like

I am seeing the same thing. Starting to get slightly excited about OSU basketball again. Anything has to be better than the 7 years of trash we had.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s just a matter of time until you want to fire the new coach….

If he as as bad as Boynton, which is impossible, then yes. You act like his slightly above 0.500 record in 7 years is deserving of a lifetime contract and a statue. He was a schitt coach.

My point is you will want to fire all coaches at some point. I never mentioned Boynton. OSU basketball is hot as historic as it seems. We have had 2 HOF coaches and a bunch of nobodies. OSU BB doesn’t even have a winning series record vs Nebraska….think about that. When has Cornhusker BB ever been good?

1 Like

As I said in an earlier post. Go get some higher quality players from lower conferences, and go get the occasional P5 player or two. Iowa State’s coach did this his first season and he won 22 games with a Sweet 16 appearance. You really need around 8 players you can rotate around consistently. We haven’t had that in a long time at OSU.

I hope he does well. I’m more excited about the FIU kid. I agree with the post above. Go with the mid majors and Fine guys that have been on a first second or third team all conference at those mid majors. Those kids are wanting to move up and prove themselves. I just think they always do better. I trust her new coach and I’m sure this kid. I just kind of get a woody Newton feel about him though. But someone made a good point above. This kids, one of the first forward off the bench of a good Texas Tech team… Go back and look at Kansas State when they hired their new coach and they had no return starters. Minimal people left on the team. He put together a team that fit his style of guys that wanted to get after it. It really seems like defense and rebounding and hitting the offensive boards is going to be a staple of Coach Lutz .