The Best and the Worst from Oklahoma State's Win over Tulsa

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-best-and-the-worst-from-oklahoma-states-win-over-tulsa/

Best block, worst feeling and more from OSU-Tulsa.

Two things: First…when the defense has 8 or 9 in the box you do not try to run inside…probably not even outside. At least let the QB change the play when he sees that. If you don’t trust the QB to see the defense, then you need another QB with higher IQ.

Second…when you have the same number of linemen as the defense and the QB does not have a RB back with him then you don’t plan on double teaming any of those DL…that is how you give up a cheap shot on your QB.

Both of these concepts are taught in Jr. High football in TX.

2 Likes

I know ur a funny guy. That second deal was Cole having a brain fart.

And…gundy still sucks

1 Like

I don’t care if it was a brain-fart. It’s still inexcusable. Charlie Johnson chewed my son’s a55 the other day (rightfully so!) for missing that EXACT SAME BLOCK IN PRACTICE!!! And as you know, he’s 10 and in 5th grade. So, if my son can learn it, so can our Pokes!!!

I dnt say it was great I was just saying it was Cole doing it not the coaches.
He never even looked at the de when he was in his stance. Just forgot he was the last one out there.
Which is a bigger bone head play thus one or the stupid hold on the pic 6 we should of had.
I hope u yelled some more when u got ur son in the car​:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs::hugs::hugs::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nope. Didn’t feel the need. Didn’t sign on to be an assistant. I enjoy letting the coach’s coach so that I can just be Dad. I’ve been an assistant on some of his baseball teams when he was younger, but decided a couple of years ago to not be an assistant for his teams.

1 Like

I find it’s tough for parents to be coaches. Either to soft or to hard. Just the nature of the beast.

Thank you for this insight. You add so much to this discussion. Kind of like how cancer adds a lot to a routine doctor’s visit.

1 Like

Not true? Just stating facts

Thought I would just cut to the chase instead of stating the obvious in a lot of words.

I like the direction you’re heading. Next time, use no words.

1 Like