The Big 12 Is Already Doing the Late Time Slot Better than the Pac-12

Originally published at: The Big 12 Is Already Doing the Late Time Slot Better than the Pac-12 | Pistols Firing

#Big12AfterDark > #Pac12AfterDark.

2 Likes

It looks good on, especially oSu to have that evening time slot. It brings more eyes to our brand. Now if we can just keep winning and getting better with our defensive secondary… That’s the big question.

6 Likes

We will just fill that spot with better games.

1 Like

I hope we get more creative then the four Corners schools . Utah, Oregon and Washington maybe .

2 Likes

I would love those 3. Colorado just lost to a wac team by 30. Arizona lost to a bad northern Arizona team last year. Asu does want us

1 Like

Marshall: There have been a number of reports the higher-ups at Granolahead U, what my friend who went to UC Boulder called it :rofl:, do NOT want to return to the Big XII. THey’re gonna mess around and have to join the Mountain West Conference. Might as well go get Oregon State, if they join, Portland media will cover the Big XII.

Check out this article, I think the other one I read was on ESPN, the way the Buffs have played the last 4, 5 seasons they would do well to join a juco league, e.g. Jayhawk Community College Conference or Region 2 with NEO A&M, they want all the smoke from Colorado, lol : Colorado Administration Views the Big 12 as a 'JUCO League'

2 Likes

I rather have Boise and San Diego State than Colorado. Oregon would be a big plus.

1 Like

UW is likely destined for the B1G. Why would you want our non-football sports teams having to go all the way to Seattle? Are they gonna fly out baseball, softball, tennis, etc? Ouch! That’s why the two LA schools going to the B1G is gonna be painful for the non-football teams IMO. The athletes’ll miss tons of classes!

Boise adds little to the equation, the media market is tiny and the other sports, besides football ain’t very good. Their football team is sliding too, did you see them get curb stomped by Oregon State? That was a take-'em-behind-the-woodshed beatdown. SDSU, again, gonna be hard on logistics for non-football teams. I’m kinda surprised though that Pac 10-4 (pretty soon) didn’t already invite them to make up the loss of UCLA and U$C. After that they don’t really have any attractive schools to invite.

2 Likes

If they made me Commissioner for a Day, I’d do all I could to arrange a conference call with Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska.

When that fell through, I’d call Arizona and Arizona State. And then I’d let the rest of the Pac 12 know we’ll take the next two that commit.

2 Likes

Can we even call or do we have to be called ?

2 Likes

I sure as hell don’t want Stanford, way too nutty and far left. Don’t care for Colorado either I like @FreeDrop idea of Arky , Iowa , Missouri, and Nebraska. They already thought they were elite before the LA schools jumped. F’em !!! Robert already said AS doesn’t want in but they may have no choice. Baseball doesn’t gain anything from any of these but I expect we keep playing the goons and Texas

1 Like

I agree those would be great pickups but I don’t see them wanting to leave that money. If they would thought that would be a heck of a conference IMO

2 Likes

You might want to look at the history of ASU baseball if you think that the Big 12 doesn’t gain anything. The conference gains nothing in football having the AZ schools. Gains in basketball by having U of A. I’m really fed up reading comments advocating for Colorado to come back to the Big 12. They bring a good cross country program and nothing else. Look at the number of national championships that Stanford has and then decide if they are worthy. The problem is that Stanford ranks higher than Harvard and Yale in academic status, thus they would never consider joining what they perceive to be a conference of Agriculture schools mainly in the backward Bible belt. Sports other than football don’t matter in realignment. TV revenue is only concerned with football. Would have been nice if the SEC had invited oSu and Baylor. But then the Cowboys would have to wait for Saban to retire before they could even dream about someday playing for a conference championship. So it’s a mess no matter how it all turns out. Some of the minor sports might have to be dropped because of the expense of travel.

2 Likes

You’re right Stanford is too stuffy and full of themselves to ever fit in a midwestern conference of any kind. I still remember the Fiesta Bowl with them. I want nothing to do with them. Like I said the “ backwards “ Bible Belt isn’t a good fit for them.
Arizona brings basketball sure , another Kansas. They still haven’t gone forward on on violations far worse than ours on both of them. Sure Arizona has been in the picture in baseball, not so much for ASU
I don’t want us going any farther back in wrestling than we already are. Only ASU brings anything to the table

1 Like

Baseball does not matter to conference realignment. Men’s and women’s basketball and softball might help a school get a nod if all things are equal, but it is only football that matters.

1 Like

Officially: The school has to call the conference in regards to potential membership.
Unofficially: There can be back channel 3rd parties from either side that can make the first move.

3 Likes

Two doesn’t work as well as four. Grab Utah and one other and slot them in the West Div w/ BYU, maybe w/ T-Tech and two more (to make 8/8) is how, if it actually comes about, I would think they’d divide it. Might be us, otherwise that’ll mean more trips to the east, Orlando, Cincy, in addition to already going to Morgantown. Or they’ll divide it north/south.

Exactly, those minor sports aren’t even a factor, it’$ all about football and eyeball$, i.e. media market.