The Last Dance Watch Party

They almost traded traded him later on for Shawn Kemp.

OK, how about this one? MJ three-peated twice with teams that had less talent in the more dominant conference than Bronā€™s Miami Heat that got 2 of 3 with the super team in a weak conference. Even his ring with the Cavs was in a trash conference where they still had Kylie and K-Love and essentially only faced real competition in the finals where they went 7 games and did come from a 3-1 deficit (with some help from Green doing dumb stuff and questionable officiatingā€¦ I saw it and I hate the Warriors and am a Bron fan) which is amazingā€¦but thatā€™s once. Jordon lead teams time and time again through the meat grinder that was the East back then. The differences are small and Bron is easily #2 but he still isnā€™t the GOAT in my book.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s not actually a debate that LeBron is better. Itā€™s a long standing joke with Scott. He knows who the GOAT is and why LeBron wears his number.

Lebronā€™s not even Top 5ā€¦

1 Like

Hrmmmā€¦ MJ, Magic, Kareem, Kobe I could see an argument for. Iā€™m guessing the other on your list above him would be Bird or Dr. J?

My personal list would go MJ, LBJ, Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Bird, Dr. J (you can swap any past Kobe reallyā€¦splitting hairs). I have a ā€œsaw them play bias thoughā€ so I could be underrating Kareem or Dr. J.

2 Likes

And yet was never an underdog in the finals. :man_shrugging:t2: Bron hasnā€™t lost in the first round either.

Now this is just a really dumb take :joy::joy:

3 Likes

This would be my Top 10, but outside of the Top 5 itā€™s a toss up.

Jordan
Kareem
Bird
Magic
Duncan
Kobe
LeBron
Russell
Big O
Shaq

The East has been so so weak in Brons timeā€¦Jordan losing to a great Celtics team in the first round after he missed 60+ games is in no way a knock on him.

1 Like

You donā€™t watch much basketball do ya? If you did there would be absolutely no way youā€™d have Lebron at 7. Thatā€™s just ignorance. :joy: when every NBA writer whoā€™s worth anything has the man either 1 or 2ā€¦ and youā€™ve got him 7?!

All I know is, MJ is much cooler than Lebronā€¦ Also, Shaq is the GOAT.

2 Likes

Recency bias. :wink:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think NBA writers operate on that but okay.

I enjoy stirring the pot some with this, Iā€™ll admit. But I also do think he is overrated. And is certainly not on MJā€™s level.

The guy is a freak of nature and a fantastic ballplayer. I absolutely cannot stand him as a person.

Lolā€¦the things LeBron would do to the competition Jordan faced would be rated R, not safe for work or children. LeBron and Jordan are 1a and 1b and LeBron still has a few years to separate himself.

1 Like

Does anyone have opinions about the actual documentary?

3 Likes

I thought it was pretty awesome.

5 Likes

Itā€™s great. So insightful, and 100% authentic.

5 Likes

Honestly though, it could be the worst doc ever and Iā€™d still be like ā€œwow, they killed itā€ just because itā€™s the 90s Bulls. So, I may not have the best opinion.

Sorry, I couldnā€™t keep my mouth shut any longer :sweat_smile:. Anyone who ranks Tim Duncan and Larry Bird above LeBron James is just being silly.

I really enjoyed it, I learned a ton of stuff that I didnā€™t know.

2 Likes