The Last Dance Watch Party

I’m not into basketball, so I’m learning a lot like Michael Jordan was very good.

6 Likes

I thought Bob Knight summed it up the best at the 84 Olympics. “He’s the best basketball player I have ever seen.”

2 Likes

I did actually know he was good obviously, but I was surprised how he was basically immediately recognized as the best player.

1 Like

I’m really interested to see how much they dive into the other teams they faced in the conference finals/finals… The Jazz, Knicks, Lakers, Magic (please), Pistons, Pacers, Sonics, etc. It looked like they were going to talk about the Pistons next week, and I’m sure they will talk about the Jazz since that was the Last Dance season’s finals opponent.

1 Like

Basically, I hope it just turns into a doc about Shaq.

1 Like

If there is a Shaq documentary, I need a live stream of Charles Barkley watching it.

3 Likes

Turrible

I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t everything I was hoping for. The angle of focusing on MJ, Pippen, and the front office - while important and reflective of what was really happening then - is just not as interesting as the on the court action. The Celtic/Lakers series on ESPN+ was far better for me. But… we are just at episode 2 of The Last Dance so far. Perhaps my opinion will change.

2 Likes

Yeah, there definitely needed to be more attention on Randy Brown and Judd Buechler.

Exactly! :wink:

I hope they spend a good chunk of time talking about Michael Jordan punching Steve Kerr in the face… Maybe reenact it.

3 Likes

Sorry for all the consecutive posts, but is there a PFB+ NBA thread? I didn’t see one, but I’m also dumb and didn’t look very hard.

Thanks @Marmaduke57

1 Like

For those of you with kids or just anyone who would prefer the language bleeped, the ESPN Roku app had an edited stream available to watch. They had both options for each episode - TV-MA and TV-14.

I believe I heard they were simultaneously playing a censored version on ESPN 2.

1 Like

This is correct.

The closest we have to one is the Thunder Thread, I think.

2 Likes

Oh nice! I need to check that one out too. Thanks.

1 Like

The thunder thread is the best thread.

2 Likes

What are the football recruiting takes like in the Thunder thread?

4 Likes