The Path Not Shaken: Four OSU Seniors Walk Some of the Most Turbulent Times in Program History

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-path-not-shaken-four-osu-seniors-walk-some-of-the-most-turbulent-times-in-program-history/

A timeline of how the four seniors stuck at OSU through thick and thin.

5 Likes

So proud of Marshall for this one. Make sure you check it.

3 Likes

Great article, thanks Marshall

1 Like

These types of articles make my heart swell. Marshall thanks for fostering pride in this team. Fantastic article! :orange_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

Wow. Great article!

1 Like

This is article is ‘top shelf’ journalism at its finest moment …IMO… well done Marshell!
Genuinely, reminded me of Bill Haisten …

4 Likes

Thank-you for an excellent article!

1 Like

A great picture of how the solid players experienced the unusual amount of turmoil in the program.
But I still say the team was not snubbed by the NCAA tournament committee because of a weak pre-conference schedule. The numerous upsets of highly ranked teams were enough to offset that. The NCAA, in my opinion, wanted to showcase Trey Young since he would draw more TV viewers. The Cowboys were a giant killer that season and I think being left out of the NCAA tournament was the biggest tragedy to these kids who played their hearts out. This showed what the NCAA really values.

2 Likes

I want to echo the others complimenting this article. Very well done!

1 Like

What a great tribute to the character of these 4 young men. They make me proud to be an alumni of this university. Go Pokes!!

3 Likes

Marshall,what a great job you did with this article. I was there Saturday and will be there again Wednesday for their last home game. These players have the heart of a champion.

The snub of not making it to the NCAA tourney the year we SWEPT Kansas (regular season) was a disgrace to college athletics, oSu basketball, these players and the ones on that team. The all mighty $$$ is the ruling factor as to why they didn’t make it in. If my memory serves me correctly, OU fell flat on their face in the Tournament.

4 Likes

Very good article.

Not to diminish anyone else, but the example these four guys set is nothing short of amazing considering all that they had to endure. Programs are built on the merits of guys like Reeves, Dzagwa, McGriff and Waters. I truly hope they will all stay connected if not involved with the program. Gentlemen: well done!!

4 Likes