The Rundown: Mike Gundy on Boise State and Upcoming Conference Play

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-rundown-mike-gundy-on-boise-state-and-upcoming-conference-play/

Gundy previews what’s ahead and looks back at Boise.

1 Like

“Look around the country and you might have 4 or 5 teams playing exceptionally well right now, and everyone else is essentially beating themselves.”

He’s right. We’ve seen him try to beat himself quite a bit in the first three games. Luckily the players are just barely good enough to overcome it. Must be tough when the opposing coach and your own coach are both scheming ways to beat you.

Jo

1 Like

Coach Gundy should have foreseen the lack of receivers and the need to get 5 receivers off of the Portal. Joe15 would have seen the need for this and going to a spread offense.

1 Like

I would say he would have another receiving option had he not ran off his Cowboy Back last season.

Looks like Gundy really could’ve used Jelani Woods and CJ Moore as some receiving options the other night. Oh wait!! I forgot Gundy said we had depth.

1 Like

Another day and the same ol joe-ho bi*ching about a win, you can’t make this stuff up

2 Likes

Who said I was b*tching about a win? I’m glad they won. I just don’t think it’s a very good idea to run off guys that you clearly could’ve used when you had most of your receivers out for the game the other night.

Someone in another post said it best “why do we have to rely a blocked FG to win the game?” or “Why do we have to rely on walk-on receivers to get a first down?” Do you ever sit and just think about that?

It’s because we have a coach that lied about having depth (not talking about the defense). It’s clear the defense is the only unit on the field that has any depth. By the way, this is the first time since 2005 Boise has started a season 1-2.

1 Like

Lied about having depth? We had like 6 receivers out by halftime. CJ Moore can’t even get on the field for Washington state I think I’ll take that walk-on over that.

3 Likes

Joey it is crying when u lie to urself.
First why is this the first time bosie started 1 and 2. We beat them.
Second he did have the depth, not a lie. No team not even Alabama could lose 5 or 6 guys ant any position and still think they have depth.
Moore went to juco, then to wsu and nothing has been heard of him. I bet he is kicking himself now.
Between Sanders not throwing to woods and woods not catching the ball had as much to with woods departure then gundy.
Last time I checked football is still a team sport. By my account it’s time the defense won some games.
Not just the defense but Knowles for the lack of d in 2018. We lost 4 games by 7 or less, if they could have made 1 play then what would osu look like today.
That team with those wins would have been in the title game, possible title since we would have all ready beat ou( one of the 4 loses). A big bowl another 10 plus win season. Recruiting up more.
So u see it’s more then ur lil world we live in.

1 Like

Why do good coach on good teams get fired.
Players lose faith after a couple of set backs. Why did miles get fired at lsu.
Why has orgeron come in twice as interm coach and won.
Last year was gundys best year as a coach.
By the first half of the tulsa game osu season should have been done. With the summer deal and the loss of 5 linemen

1 Like

Since you mentioned CJ Moore did you realize that CJ has had more stats than Langston Anderson and we keep hearing about how he’s such a loss.

1 Like

Since Langston is still on the team, yes bigger loss.
The both mite end up with the same stats.
I’m just wondering why if Moore was so good he can’t play on a team we got a bench warmer from.

1 Like

Maybe their coach is as bad at evaluating talent as Gundy. :laughing::smile::smiley::laughing::smile::smiley::laughing::smile::smiley::laughing::smile::smiley::laughing::smile::smiley::laughing::smile::smiley::laughing::smile::smiley::smiley::grin:

1 Like

Not every 4 or 5 star recruit are 4 or 5 stars.
All coach goes throw this. And how do u know gundy thought Anderson was that good. Yes he wanted him.
I do find it hard to understand about u guys, I want a coach to play his best players. I dnt see the benefits of playing the highest rated player.

You are wrong, every 4 or 5 recruit is a 4 or 5 star. That’s how they become a 4 or 5 star recruit.

1 Like

Just like the Edsel

1 Like

Jug u know about horses and cows.
If a horse comes from a good sire and looks the part, but can’t win do u keep racing him.
U got a 10000 dollar bull who has low to no seamen count do u keep breeding with him.
Looks aren’t ever thing. Oh, wait u only see the back side of these animals.

1 Like

You don’t become a 4 or 5 star with looks, it’s performance.

1 Like

Performance in hs. Kind of like early race a horse does before the derby.