These Stunning Stats Show How Dominant OSU's Defense Is This Season

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/these-stunning-stats-show-how-dominant-osus-defense-is-this-season/

Jim Knowles for president.

1 Like

Couple of those are special teams stats. Punt return and blocked kicks.
If we did kick that fumble last week we would be higher on defense td.
It’s going good we got pass happy teams coming up.

Better hope gundy can figure out the offense next year because the luxury of having this defense will not be here. I think it will still be one of the best in the big twelve but not like this.

1 Like

TCU in prime time!!! Go Pokes!!

1 Like

We still have alot who can come back on defense.
Sill can still come back if he wants.
Ld brown and sterling get medical redshirts.

Easily noted as one of the best reasons this team is 8-1.

1 Like

It’s probably unreasonable to think OSU will be conference champion caliber every year, even when we get to the new look Big XII. We maybe should go from being a contender every 3-4 years to maybe every other year.

I do think you’re right that this D won’t just fall off a cliff. Knowles is real.

We will lose experience on defense, but the offense should be more experienced. Lots of young receivers this year getting time. We’ll be competitive.

Gundy has to be on recruiting when Texass and OU leave. He cannot let Cincy and UCF start landing better classes than him when they move up.

Tcu is the 3rd best recruiting school

I hope that holds true, though Gundy is exceptional at capitalizing on undervalued players and so far in using the portal. I don’t hate that his own evaluation of talent holds more sway than a star ranking.

1 Like