Three Moves Oklahoma State Wrestling Has Made since AJ Ferrari’s Departure

Originally published at: Three Moves Oklahoma State Wrestling Has Made since AJ Ferrari’s Departure | Pistols Firing

John Smith has shuffled some things around in recent months.

1 Like

Well it all sounds good. Smith mite pull a gundy. After the oan it got gundy motivated. This aj deal mite do the same.

1 Like

I think last season in general is enough to get any one motivated to ramp things up

2 Likes

Last was an anomaly to me. I’ve never seen us lose so many duals and a poor finish at the nationals. Hopefully John has realized if he doesn’t jump in what the top teams are doing, we will be left behind. Let’s get some nattys !!!

2 Likes

First of all, glad to see any kind of article about Cowboy wrestling. I think coverage for this sport has been lacking a sufficient amount of ink, considering the great tradition at this school.
Why would that sought after recruit want to end up at U. of Pennsylvania, other than he wants an Ivy League education? Sounds like academics might trump wrestling for him.
Doucet as our heavywt concerns me. He could not beat Austin Harris last season. We need to score points at all weights, no more weak weights on the roster. Heavywt will now be a weak weight for us.
I still don’t see a realistic opportunity for a NCAA championship in the near future. We cannot attract the level of talent to compete against PSU and Iowa. So, at the most, we will continue to fight for third or fourth place showings. That might be an accomplishment for some schools, but a major disappointment for Cowboy wrestling should this continue. It sure looks like John Smith is going to break Tommy Chesbro’s record for longest period of time without another national championship.

2 Likes

Another development is embracing a new RTC model. It would be nice to hear more about that from the wrestling staff.

I’m particularly excited to see Surber at 197. Let’s get the season going!

1 Like