Three Thoughts on NFL Roster Day: Which Former Pokes Made the Cut

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/three-thoughts-on-nfl-roster-day-which-former-pokes-made-the-cut/

Which OSU alums made the final 53?

It’s a good thing I’m not an NFL GM. I’d cut Mason Rudolph and Justice Hill BOTH before I even thought of cutting Tyron Johnson or Dillon Stoner.

1 Like

I guess if what you need on your roster does not matter and you were just picking dudes you like. Pretty sure NFL GM’s know what/who they need.

Great point. Here’s my counterpoint for Mason Rudolph: Where would you rank him among current NFL backup QB’s? Would you put any current 3rd teamers above him? If that list is pretty long, chances are you can find a better option for whatever your offense is. He’s had every opportunity to become the heir apparent to Big Ben. It hasn’t happened yet. And probably won’t.

To add to this, with Tyron, he’s taken advantage of ■■■■ near every opportunity given. Glad he found a new home.

i was shocked that the chargers cut tyron johnson, glad jacksonville signed him. should be a good opportunity for him. and i was equally surprised that the raiders cut dillon stoner. looked like he did everything possibly right to me. i mean, i thought he was the breakout star for the raiders this preseason, as far as someone doing what they can with what they are given. nobody picked stoner up off waivers and the raiders signed him to their practice squad, maybe he’ll get another chance at some point this season

did justice hill even play in the preseason? i didn’t ever see him. i halfway expected him to get cut, but maybe the injury to dobbins saved him, i dunno