Todd Monken Notes

Which I think is fair. I’d love to have him back at OC and he would make us better, but every coach has flaws and areas where they are weaker.

Optimistically speaking, I could buy into a Todd Monken who’s decided Stillwater is where he wants to finish his legacy as HC, with a clear understanding of his weaknesses and a couple seasons under Gundy to polish his CEO mindset whilst not abandoning brashness.

If he does come back, and the PFB headline isn’t “Holy Balls, Monk is back,” then I don’t know what’s going on.

7 Likes

It’s interesting for sure. It seems the assumption has mostly been that Gundy would want to stick around at least for Gunnar and even potentially Gage coming up after that. But what if he DOESN’T want to coach his sons? Coach another year or two, groom either Dunn or Monken, hand the reins over sooner rather than later and enjoy watching them (potentially) play.

1 Like

We are all waiting for our fixes… Monken as OC, Chuba back. Tick tock.

I bet even the local media would love to have Monk back. Guy is a quote machine. He’s been gone for 7 years and we all still have fond memories of “Holy Balls!”

3 Likes

You missing the point by analyzing what he did at S Miss. The entire reason for the optimism about Monken has ZERO to do with what he did there or anywhere else for that matter. What his offense did here doesnt even mean that much.

Personally, what I am off the radar excited about is that we will never again leave bullets in the gun. The middle of the field will be back open for business from day 1. What Monken showed is that he will do everything possible to maximize the potential of Oklahoma State Football. He will be aggressive in every facet, leverage every possible advantage and step on every neck he is presented with the opportunity to step on (talking figuratively in game here). He may not win a single championship. Hell, he might not even play in one. However, gone will be the days where we leave the stadium wondering why we just played with one arm tied behind our back and built a game plan around trying not to lose. What I am excited about is that, I think, Monken will ALWAYS coach to win, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.

Go re-read what he said around the OU series while he was here. Watch one of his pregame or in game talks. He is all in, all the time and that is what is exciting. I not delusional about OSU’s pecking order in CFB. I get it but I sure dont think it is cast in stone.

11 Likes

Great post.

@rawhide, that was only talking about people wanting to instantly name him as head coach in waiting. Don’t get me wrong brother, I would chop off a couple of appendages to get him back in town to run our offense next year.**

** will not honor in the slightest

4 Likes

I get you. However, the HCIW is the part that excites me the most.

Would you chop off THAT appendage, though?

…my pinky toe?

No HCIW but not a rental deal either. More settling in.

12 Likes

*not leaving bullets in the gun
*middle of the field will be back open for business
*not playing to lose

If you’ll excuse my crassness, those gave me a mental erection. Mental pistols firing.

6 Likes

some things you just cant un-read.

6 Likes

I would be happy with $500,000.

I like the sound of that. Could he become our first $1M assistant coach?

Come’on give us just a nugget. To quote one of the greatest movies of all time, “You’re killin me Smalls.”

Our first $1.7 million assistant, yes. :smirk:

1 Like

All those whose work performance has decreased since becoming a PFB+ member say “aye”

20 Likes