Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/two-espn-draft-analysts-have-drew-mestemaker-as-top-quarterback-prospect/
‘I think he has as much upside as any quarterback in the class.’
I like what I have seen of Mestemaker, but how about we see what happens over the next 9 games? Consistency is the key. HIs experience is so limited, I tend to think he will come back in 2027 so he will be much more prepared for a run at the NFL. How many first round picks fizzle out when they have to compete against the best football players on the planet week after week? And once they start and get demoted, most spend their careers as backups (see Mason Rudolph and Brandon Weeden - two of the best college QBs in their day). I also think he will want to come back and go one more year with the triplets of Mestemaker, Young and Hawkins.
I’m sure there’s some insurance coverage that can be purchased incase he returns and gets injured. Hopefully we can get him back next year and go all in with him leading us.