Tylan Wallace -- 2021 NFL Draft

I love Wallace. One of my favorite college guys I’ve ever interviewed. Gets it.

3 Likes

Nah bro. This is recency bias. You were probably what 11 or 12, or 13 years old around the time Blackmon was tearing it up right? So I’m wondering if you just might not appreciate it as much due to that. That dude was just straight up a GROWN MAN.

Don’t get me wrong, Tylan is great, but Blackmon had an NFL body, deceptive speed, and could get open. JB, I think, was a better WR than Dez. Dez was just bigger and a hair faster.

EDIT : I now see you weren’t comparing the two as players. But I think my point is still valid when comparing what a top 5 pick receiver should look like. JB was it, not sure Tylan is. Maybe so.

7 Likes

That’s definitely fair and you’re spot on with the age😂
I’m definitely not saying Tylan is JB good right now, I just think he has the potential to be there by the end of the 2020-21 season. A lot of that probably is recency bias but I’ll stand by it

1 Like

Every team should want Steve Smith.

1 Like

So I said this recently and I’m sure I may get laughed out of here, but I wanted to ask @AdamLunt if he agrees that the player drafted first for the Cowboys next season could be someone other than Tylan or Chuba. I think Jenkins has a real shot with another highly graded year to be the “whoa, we didn’t see that coming” pick next draft. I can already hear Kiper saying “well I had him as the 35th player on my board, but he fills a need for (blank)…

I like you tossing that out there. Hmmmm…

Jenkins should get drafted (and end the OSU OL draft drought), but he has a low ceiling. He’s not dominant enough, if you go watch Andrew Thomas tape…guy is just a mauler and has good feet. Jenkins has good feet, and is good enough athletically, but not an overly physical force. I think to be a 1sr rounder as OL you have to hit a certain threshold athletically and be physically dominant.

My guess is Chuba is first off the board and is top 60 pick. Who knows though, so much could change in one season. One guy I would keep my eye on (not necessarily for '21 draft but just future draft in general) is Israel Antwine, I think he might have ability to become dominant 1 tech DT. He has ability to put on another 15-20 lbs IMO.

4 Likes

No one will ever be Quentin Pancakes Nelson, of the Colts.

1 Like

Dude is a different type of crazy. Who runs around screaming and trying to rip someone apart.

1 Like

Good call on Antwine.

I wonder what the correlation is between true freshmen who start at a P5 school and first two rounds of picks. I bet Chuba ends up in the minority there.