'We Got Our A-- Kicked': Dan Lanning Gives Cowboys Credit for Dominant Win

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/we-got-our-a-kicked-dan-lanning-gives-cowboys-credit-for-dominant-win/

‘The score was closer than it really was because it wasn’t close in a lot of ways.’

1 Like

And to think some of the Gundy fanboys were giving the heat to Morris after that TU loss. Crazy the team rebounded in such a way, but give it time. 6 wins is the goal. Whoever said we’re getting 10 needs to quit smoking delusional rocks!

I watched the Lanning video and he has got it figured out and he doesn’t sugar coat it. We see that same thing in Morris and we all like it.

Given what the team did at Tulsa and being the only real evidence of how the team was going to be and how the coaching staff is coaching it’s was rational to have doubts. And it had nothing to do with being a Gundy fan boy, whatever that is, or not.

2 Likes

Who deserved the heat? I mean, good on him for righting the ship, but he deserves the blame for week 1 and the praise for week 2. They’re not mutually exclusive.

2 Likes

You Gumby fanboys just can’t let go though.

…what? I’m a Gundy fanboy because I think Morris deserves blame for the way the team showed up in week 1? Look, he got it fixed and that’s great and we look like we can stand toe-to-toe with anyone now, but there’s no reason we couldn’t have come out and beaten Tulsa. He didn’t remake this entire team in one week. The team that played week 2 was the same one that played week 1, but he didn’t have them ready. He deserves all the praise in the world for an incredible win and all the blame in the world for an incredible loss.

2 Likes

Yep any rational opinion, either praise or criticism, about coach Morris has nothing to do with Gundy. If it is rational the opinion stands on it’s own.

2 Likes

Just glad we have new blood now win or lose. At least we don’t have to hear Gundy say we just got out coached with his just for men mullet anymore.

1 Like

I mean, Eric Morris literally said that after the Tulsa loss. I’m optimistic about the EM era, but I still don’t know what we are yet. Was week 1 the fluke or was week 2 or were they both outliers and we’re somewhere in the middle? But I don’t know that we’re done hearing an “outcoached” statement again.

No, I just thought you are one of them. I got on here late after the TU game and everyone seemed to be still PO’d cause Gumby got fired, LOL.

I don’t really like how it was handled, but I’m mostly ok with the firing. It was mostly the trashing of Gundy’s legacy I was mad about, the “good coaches, real coaches don’t lose to Tulsa” type of comments and then it happened again and it’s like, “ok, now what?”

Then it’s well, 91 new players and Gundy left the program in a bad spot, but then those same 91 players comes out and beat Oregon. There was no excuse for week 1, but week 2 looked almost miraculous. He deserves credit for both games is all I’m saying.

1 Like

I guess the players were reading all the so-called experts saying there was an outside chance to be near the top of Big 12. We had oSu fans who said we’re gonna win 10, too much homerism! They made really good adjustments in a week. I personally questioned a lot of play calling in the TU game, but I’m very confident in Morris as the HC and hope we can keep him a long time.

1 Like