Western Michigan Transfer Sean Tyler Flips Commitment to Minnesota

The only thing I disagree on this is that I think Gordon will be more productive than Richardson. Of course, this all is dependent on what the line does as well.

1 Like

That shouldnā€™t be too hard. Heā€™d only need to average about 2 yards per carry.

1 Like

I think weā€™re fine at running back. What we desperately need offensively is quality lineman and maybe a couple of more receivers.

2 Likes

Yea, Iā€™m really interested to see how the o-line begins and progresses throughout the season. No line performance and the dominos will fall.

2 Likes
  • Iowa State is a better program than they were 7-8 years ago

• Kansas made a bowl game for the first time since 2009

• WV is average most of the time but shown they are capable of beating anyone

• K State just won the Big 12 title and will probably sustain decent seasons under Klieman

• TCU has potential and just played for a national title

• Tech isnā€™t great but looks like theyā€™re going to be better than they have the last 10 years

• Baylor can be hit or miss some seasons but have shown the potential to be really good on some years over the past decade

As far as the new teams coming in UCF has went undefeated before and Cincy has made the CFP. Houston sometimes has years they look really good. BYU does the same sometimes. My point is when you compare us to every future Big 12 football program there is absolutely nothing I can point to about our program that puts us head and shoulders above the others besides bowl consistency. Other than that we have no cards to play against these other programs. Weā€™re not in a position to where we canā€™t recruit well or lose a bunch of production every season and expect to compete for a conference crown or even bowl eligibility for that matter. Gundy seems to act like we can though.

2 Likes

ā€œQB - upgradeā€

Dude, the Oline was bad & likely will be again. Sanders was as mobile as you can get & was running for his life. You are EXTREMELY optimistic if you think the new statue of a QB you brought in will be an upgrade over Sanders.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Iā€™ve been at the bar drinking that orange koolaid for 57 years. Why leave now?

I liked Jason Taylor a lot. Interestingly, if we keep ā€˜21 roster in tact, Iā€™m not sure Taylor is a starter this year, thoā€™ (Harvel-Peel, McCalister, Sterling). Harper never really looked like a starter to me.

Maybe Iā€™m too encouraged by what I saw in Lyrik Rawls and Trey Rucker. But I know Kendal Daniels was good this year and will be even better next year!

2 Likes

Agreed. Very positive developments with the o-line: the kid from Prague is going to be an instant starter at tackle (probably bumping Etienne to 2nd team or right tackle). Cole Birmingham should be back and another anchor. And, most importantly, weā€™re going to move away from the frustrating zone blocking scheme.

(Post edit): Iā€™m also intrigued by the incoming freshman lineman from Stillwater. Gundy, who constantly harps on a freshmanā€™s need to ā€œdevelop,ā€ said this kid could be the strongest player on the team. Sounds like heā€™s developed! Can he make an impact immediately?

2 Likes

We have players jumping in the portalā€¦ who we didnā€™t get OUT of the portal. That is NOT good!!

2 Likes

Read somewhere that our portal intake ranked No. 13 in the country.

2 Likes

After the season that they had, even with the beatdown to Georgia, I havenā€™t read, but will venture to say that TCUā€™s ā€˜retentionā€™ (lack of players hitting the portal) is top 5!!

1 Like

Says who? I feel like weā€™re going to do the same exact thing. Could you imagine Dunn trying to learn new concepts? Just wish we would go back to a true air raid and bring back the freaking diamond formation as well. The crap weā€™re doing right now isnā€™t going to work with a pocket passer and a defense that gives up big plays. I think Bowman had a ton of potential (heā€™s shown it) but I also worry because he hasnā€™t really played a football game since 2020.

Esp when itā€™s to go to Minny instead.

1 Like

Iā€™m predicting 4-8, best-case scenario .500.

LMAO at QB - upgrade!

@rmt TCU already picked up a couple of Bama transfers.

1 Like