What Bryce Thompson's Commitment Means for OSU

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/what-bryce-thompsons-commitment-means-for-osu/

OSU lands a star in Tulsa native Bryce Thompson.

This hoop train keeps picking up speed. Having depth at the guards will allow Boynton to use pressure through out the game and hopefully keep the bigs from getting as many fouls in the half court defensive sets. Speeding up other teams and having an athletic line up is going to be fun to watch.

I’m all for small ball If these guys can hit the outside shot and get out and run. With so many similar players we can also get risky on D, and not worry too much about foul trouble (but let’s hope against this).

As of yesterday this was a no brainer where he would land. Cowboys now have a real depth off that bench which means you can let your starters rest at times and have stronger legs for the second half crunch time. You lessen the fatigue factor which puts more points on the board and stronger defense in closing minutes. But I suspect this does mean we don’t see Bryce Williams returning. That’s too bad because we really need him. Now just one piece missing, a true center. As things stand now we might have a pretty good chance to end up in third place in the Big 12. Baylor, KU, OSU. Legit aspirations for Sweet 16.
Cade Cunningham one year and Bryce Thompson the next year. Makes Boynton looking pretty good as a recruiter, especially if he can find a center willing to play for OSU and hopefully weighs more than 200 lbs. I just can’t stop thinking about how much depth this team has. And Keylan Boone should be improved.