What Is the Cost of a Bedlam Gameday for Oklahoma State?

Who cares? Bring in another top opponent. Bye OU.

2 Likes

There have been all the pros (play bedlem) and cons (do not play bedlem). I think I have seen way more conā€™s and very few proā€™s if any. There is one reason I have not seen it yet or have missed it. If TV ratings do affect which teams make it into the playoff and better bowls, then I would think not playing bedlem would be in the best interest of OSU. Here is the logic. Letā€™s say we are leading whatever different conference OSU is in. Letā€™s say it comes down to some sort of TV eyeballs type tie-breaker. I think OSU would stand a better chance of making it with a looming bedlem vs already done that once this year?

As WV journalist pointed out, when WV move from the Big East to Big 12 they lost some rivalries but made new ones. I hope we are way past the ā€œjust win bedlemā€ mentality. I want a National Championship in football.

In the ā€œmore info than you careā€, my wife makes blankets with a theme out of old T-Shirts. She has made one for everyone in the family but me. She has saved a bunch of T-Shirts for the project, but we are waiting on one. You guess it, a National Championship in football. As a true OSU fan, I hope this year we get to finish the blanket. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just saw a PFB article stating that the OU president and AD want to keep playing bedlam after they move to the SEC. Geeez that is sooo nice of them because we could sure use a break after getting knifed in the back and left to slowly bleed out. Well OU can go pound sand. If it were up to me I would want to wait until never to schedule the next match-up between OU and OSU in football. Yea itā€™s a good thing that Iā€™m just an OSU Alum on the internet and not in charge of OSU football scheduling lol.

3 Likes

Well Paul I hope that you all get to finish that blanket as well, it would be a very cool thing to have.

2 Likes

I hope his wife gets to finish it this year.

2 Likes

@bruce4 and @travis5266 We need to take care of business Saturday and Georgia to do its thing, but who would have thought I would be this close to wife finishing the blanket. Just think what the odds looked like back in July. If we make it at 4 and play Georgia, would it not be best after the break and be as fresh as we can?
Go POKES and Dawgs (just this weekend) :slight_smile:

For the blanket :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool Paul. While I was always hopeful back when we exchanged comments in late July I didnā€™t think that there was a chance in hell for the blanket. Fast forward and here we are, go pokes!!

Thank you, Paul, for remembering! Thatā€™s cool. Man, it could really happen!