What the Big Ten, Pac-12 and ACC Alliance Means for OSU and the Big 12

I must admit I am very worried about O-State and the revenue they may earn after the current contract expires. Affiliation with current AAC or other viable candidates to keep the BIG 12 together won’t produce an attractive TV contract. Many speculate the alliance is to somehow thwart the SEC’s dominance. That won’t happen. The alliance will secure bigger payouts for teams that are much weaker than the Cowboys. I’m afraid there are many teams in the alliance that would like to beat down the Cowboys. They can’t do it on the field but they can shut the door on them and eventually out resource and beat them in the money game.

Theres no need to entertain your 2nd choice when the 1st choice, BY FAR, welcomes you with open arms. OU and Texas wouldve been welcomed to any Conf they wanted to go to. But, the SEC is the best option on all sides. Recruiting. Fan base. Location. Yes, the Big 10 paid out more per team than the SEC. Your ceiling in the SEC is waaay bigger than what it is in the Big 10. Also, the Nebraska faceplant im sure is a warning shot to these schools to be careful if you leave your recruiting base.

On expansion…there is no reason not to expand the playoff. There is not a single reason why any Conf wouldnt want expansion. None.

If youre talking OU specifically…I AGREE. Ive said that if the playoff was still set at 4, this would be a bad move for them. OU getting to a 4 team playoff is MUCH EASIER if youre in the Big 12. But there is no way it stays at 4. None.

This real but other g5 programs are doing.
On the pac 12 side. The rumors are that the commissioner is for osu coming. Some of them top teams are crying about " travel". If u read into travel as worried we come in and win.

True. The alliance did nothing and will do nothing to effect anything with the SEC or its direction. I still think that OSU finds its way to the PAC 12. The PAC 12 cant just stay at what they have. The product they put out isnt great. Especially with USC being down. OSU would absolutely compete in that thing. I honestly think that the remaining schools, especially Iowa St, KU and OSU, find their way into the Big 10 and PAC within the next 4 years. The alliance consisted of PAC, Big 10 and ACC. The Big 12 was left out. Why? To me, it was because they are extremely unstable because everyone knows that each program is working behind the scenes to leave. Theres no need to add them in the alliance when they know that the Big 12 wont be a Conf soon.

I know there will be expansion, getting up to 16. But, this round of expansion will not be 12. It will be 6 or 8.
Even if it was 12, ou winning the conference every year would be in. With 6 or 8 team ou will have to win at least the division. Ou has only 1 9 and 0 conference in what last 12 years or more. If they can’t beat big 12 teams how will they do it in the sec. U have to be honest about how strong the sec is. And hope the alliance doing nothing is naive. Like I said they will vote for expansion just not 12 at this time.

Yea well it’s “just business” to the bank robber or the inside trader in the stock market too. Conducting business in a non-ethical manner is s##t in my book and I’m sure I am not alone in that view.

Yes, obviously OU staying in the Big 12 increases their playoff appearances. Everybody knows that. If the playoff was 4,6,8, or however many number…the easiest path for OU is to stay in the Big 12. But, the SEC is far wealthier for OU. Increases your recruiting. Your brand. The ONLY drawback is how it will effect your W-L record. OU WILL LOSE MORE GAMES. OU MAY NOT WIN A CONF TITLE OVER THERE. OU MAY NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFF OVER THERE. BUT…OU will absolutely have a chance. They will step in and compete, in the BIG LEAGUES over there in that Conf. There is no reason to stay in the Big 12. The OU people that have a clue know exactly what the SEC monster is. Ive never said on this site or to any of my friends that OU will win this or that. Ive said theyll compete. Thats it. But dude, the upside in that Conf is extremely high. You dont think theyll win anything. I think they can. We shall see. Ive been completely honest about what the SEC is. Im not real sure most people have. Its the best Conf, by far. Not even close.

The alliance did nothing. Will do nothing. Again, there isnt anything that was said to indicate otherwise. There has been nothing written about or floated out that indicates otherwise. No one in the know has written or given an opinion stating otherwise. Could it be something of significance? Well of course it could. But there is zero to indicate that at this point.

Insider trading is illegal. Not telling your competition that youre leaving is not. Theres a major, major difference

The question is how much does the playoffs pay. With multiple games coming up will mean even more money.
If I were ou I would at least wait until expansion has been none. Which of course wouldn’t be done this year, but it will be soon.
I know u think they will leave either in '25 or when the big 12 implodes. Most people think it’ll be ou last season in the big 12.

Youre definitely not alone. There are hundreds, if not thousands of butthurt fans in College Station and Stillwater that are right along with you. FANS. Nothing wrong with that. Just be smart enough to realize that its exactly how you conduct business. You dont tell your competitors about your potential move. Thats bad business

If someone says OU will play NEXT SEASON IN THE SEC, then theyre wrong. That wont happen

The sooner they go the sooner they can start making :moneybag:

Well obviously. But they cant go next year. Not happening

U think the alliance is blow smoke.
Do u think that the ou people like riley and ad didn’t have a double take moment.
Do u believe karma
What if osu moves to the pac12 and rules it. Osu goes to playoff and ou watch in a nice arm chair. Or even as a g5.

Ok, im going to try and guess at what some of these are asking

Do I think the alliance is blowing smoke? Yes. I think its posturing. The same way Stitt has. The same way the Ok Legislators did. The same way Dr Shrum did. The same way politicians do. When chaos strikes, you appeal to the masses to right the ship and calm the waters. In the words of the article on this site…Its a big ol Nothing Burger.

Do I think OU people did double-take moment? Im guessing at what this means. I assume youre asking if the OU brass thought about this move or was worried at all? YES. There isnt a better, more proven AD than Joe Castiglione and i guarantee you that he factored in all benefits and negatives of jumping to the SEC. But any AD/Pres wouldve done the same thing. Its called a Vetting process.

What if OSU rules the PAC 12? They will instantly step in and do well in that league. Ive said that. OSU wouldnt go in there and start losing. Now long term, it may be tough just because of the variables that come with playing in that West Coast league. But just strictly how does this version of the OSU program compete on the field with the current PAC 12 teams? OSU could win the Conf right now.

If OSU is in a G of 5…they will be in a ton of trouble.

If the alliance is blowing smoke. Then in the 12 team format, they had 6 conference champs going. I would guess that 6th con was aac. With the aac and big 12 merger they will still get an invite. Instead of 6 there will be 5 con champs. With out Texas and ou loses we would have played Cincy for the title. So yes it could happen in the g5. In expansion any format more then 8 will make room for a g5.

No. The proposal was “the 6 highest ranked Conference Champions” would get in. There are 10 Conf’s and then the Independents. So the 6 highest ranked WINNERS OF EACH OF THOSE WOULD GET IN. There arent just 5 Conf’s. There are just 5 BIG ONES.

Taking the Final AP Poll from last year, heres what the Playoff wouldve been

1: Bama (Bye)
2: Ohio St (Bye)
3: Clemson (Bye)
4: ND (Bye)
5: OU VS 12 Indiana
6: Cincinnati VS 11 BYU
7: A&M VS 10 NW
8: UGA VS 9 Iowa St

Ok we will join the sunbelt.
The aac big12 champs would be the highest ranked. Champ.

U really dnt get it. U have this box u live in.
And on us playing ou. The only reason we play ou is if it helps the tv deal. If fox or espen comes to and said if u play ou we will give the conference more money. With no stipulations like that we dnt need ou.