Where do you live?

@TheHeadChimp is more of MySpace kind of guy.

5 Likes

There are lots of boonies to live in in Oklahoma.

My handle came from my first WoW toon. Dwarves have little feet. Yes I was a WoW nerd for awhile when it first launched.

1 Like

My parents

12 Likes

Although @ScottCorken (also has an incredibly original handle) dubbed me Slimy Turd. Not sure if I’m willing to take that on like @JustGary did, but I could probably be talked into it.

2 Likes

As the kids say, “you know the move” @AdamM

1 Like

Can confirm.

4 Likes

On handles… Yall ready for this #olds answer? (I’m 39 for a few more weeks, so slag off)

Back when I signed up for my first BBS… Bulletin Board…ya know dial in modem (EEEeeeeeeyaawwwwwww…skskskkskskskskskss…BEEEP), one person on the message board at a time? Yup. When I was 15 I needed a handle. My last name is a chess piece. I just picked another one.

2 Likes

hrumph, youngster!. Mine is unique First Init, Middle Init, Last Name. Been using it for over 66 years.

6 Likes

It’s a silly pun. The ohm is the unit of electrical resistance and watts are power, so the joke is “It’s electricity, my dear Wattson!”

6 Likes

Forum needs more Tulsans.

2 Likes

Or close enough to OKC to be a short drive away but far enough not to be a suburb.

Weak showing by DFDubs. I expected better.

Ok. I’m here

1 Like

My handle would be too difficult to try and explain…:joy:

3 Likes

Mine is simple: I work with a guy named Carl, and that dude is the bee’s knees

7 Likes

Orange is apparent.

Actually Bear ties in with a family name on my mom’s side so the comments above were making me laugh. When my mom asked her parents what they wanted me to call them my grandpa said he wanted to be called Papa Bear. So my 20+ first cousins and I all called them Mama and Papa Bear.

1 Like

Well I was curious. I thought maybe you got your law degree then, or maybe your OSU degree , but then you said something once that makes me think you’re younger so maybe birth year . So you’re either 43 or 74.

43, he’s partner is friends with the SCI bassist. I think he’s insinuating that he went to OU?

Stole the idea for my handle from a PFB article, I think it was Porter, that wondered whether Knowles was an upgrade at Defensive Coordinator or just an Ivy League Glenn (Spencer). I think the end of the last season answered that question by the way.

8 Likes

Started with this handle on the old Austin 360 boards in Like 89,90 … Dial up modem. Like many, I ventured into the internet through aol. I wanted some derivative of cowboy, but everything was taken. So I cleverly thought “what’s a synonym for boy” and I landed on guy. So Cowguy was born. Rejected cowlad, cowdude, cowperson etc.

Only handle I’ve ever had and likely the only one I’ll ever have.

2 Likes