Where does this leave osu

I didnt know you said stanford, and they dont want washington.

The north Carolina thing is a joke. It would take alotbof money to get them

1 Like

I actually had Notre Dame, Oregon, Washington, North Carolina for my Big Ten bingo :sweat_smile:
It would take a lot as of now but later on not as much. The Tar Heels could negotiate a deal to leave the ACC early similar to what the 3 American schools did. Also, the Big Ten could add Stanford and Oregon now and then add Notre Dame and North Carolina at a later time. Another option could be to add Stanford, Oregon, and Notre Dame and just play with an odd number of teams until they could add North Carolina. In fact, between 1990-2011 The Big Ten did just that when they had 11 teams.

I still dnt see the appeal for north Carolina over Washington.
1 it makes a full 4 team pod, if they go pod.
2 north Carolina doesnt have the history.
3 you cant compare aac and acc. Aac knew they were losing them. People have talk about dissovle acc, they need 8 teams to do that. There aren’t 8 teams able to leave. So the acc will fight tooth and nail to any body leaving. Just like us with ou texas. Its just acc has 10 years. Nc would have to pay exit fee plus lose 40 mill per year of lost revenue. If your getting 100 million they may say ok. They would be make half of the rest for years.
If the big 10 deal is just for 1 billion then each of the new teams dnt add money. Someone said each team would give up 6 million with the addition of usc and ucla. I dnt know on that part. But, the acc buy out would be big.

1. If Stanford and Oregon is selected, there’s your four team pod
  2. If Rutgers and Maryland got into the Big 10 with their lack of history, surely NC could be acceptable. Also, NC is an AAU member that would allow the Big 10 to expand their footprint into the South. Lastly, if the Big 10 has NC on their wishlist, they must think it’s of value to them.
  3. In regards to the ACC, you have to assume that Clemson, Miami, Florida State, and another ACC school are going to bolt for the SEC. With NC that would be five. If let’s say Louisville, Pitt, and GT decided the Big 12 is their best option, there’s your 8 teams. Could it happen? Absolutely. They could see the writing on the wall that the ACC is going the way of 8 track tapes and start looking for a landing spot.

Im not saying anyof this wont happen. Im just say alot wont. Lol.
I dnt see 8 teams being pulled from the acc. The big 10 and sec would have to guarantee 8 spots. I suppose it matters how big the 2 leagues want to go.
On usc and usla there talking the others would lose 6 million each. On Washington and Oregon will similar. Thats all if they have already got a set number.
Wait and see is all we got

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if congress doesn’t get involved in this before it’s all said and done. Lots of senators that live in states where their schools will be shut out of any viable conference
I think Washington introduced a bill this week to keep their schools together

1 Like

Ok inside wasting r time get the best.
We need a team out east notter dame.
Stanford oregon and washington.
This is wht would be best.

1 Like

Whatever happens, Gundy probably won’t win another conference championship ever again. And forget the playoffs. That’s a pipedream. Between football, basketball and baseball we need to fire them all and start over. Except Mason, let’s see what he can do. Otherwise, the rest of them need to go.

Dude this is about realignment. Joy is that you. You never could stay on topic

1 Like

This guy is certifiable isn’t he :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think we will be shocked and awed when the SEC next announces expansion to 20 teams. This will happen when the ACC cracks, because of ESPN pressure. 20 seems to be the perfect number for a super conference with four pods of five teams. Enough high-quality football content to fill the eastern and central time zones, which are the most lucrative, but few enough teams that everyone pulls their load and maximizes the largest per-team payout.

You can bet both the SEC and B1G will be poaching the creme de la creme from the ACC. Clemson, Florida St, and Miami plus one outlier. Same with the B1G, pilfering Oregon, Washington, North Carolina/Duke/Virginia and of course Notre Dame (All AAU schools) The key for the B1G is obviously Notre Dame, bringing them to 20. The surprise pick for the SEC could be Oklahoma St, the best football team of the rest, which would secure the Bedlam game each year, piggybacking on the Red River Shootout, with millions of eyeballs watching across the country.

The B1G will have to move first if they want Oregon/Washington, before the PAC 12 re-negotiates its contract. Of course, all of these discussions and dollar figures are being bandied about in private, “unofficially” in smoke-filled back rooms with the ADs, Presidents, ESPN, FOX, CBS, and NBC. all being key players. Let’s hope that oSu leadership will not blink, and is ready, willing and able to abandon the Big 12 ship for the SEC if the opportunity arises.

3 Likes

On the CBS 16 team conference, get rid of Cal and put in BYU so they can play Utah each year. Replace BYU in the Mid-West with Kansas St or Iowa St

1 Like