Where Spencer Sanders Finished on Oklahoma State's Career Passing Lists

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/where-spencer-sanders-finished-on-oklahoma-states-career-passing-lists/

Where Sanders finishes among the pantheon of OSU QBs.

He did wrap the top spot in one area. Pics :scream::confounded::pleading_face::woozy_face::exploding_head:

2 Likes

Look at completion percentage and especially interceptions (Sanders also lost 9 fumbles). These two stats tell you exactly why many fans have never been on board with him. I have said many times that Sanders was essentially Tone Jones or Tony Lindsay playing on better teams (and surrounded with better players). I still think that’s a fair comparison.

2 Likes

Jones and Lindsey both had better offensive lines, even if Spencer had better weapons. Also, I would argue that they each had better OC’s too. Kasey Dunn is not good at his job. Actually, he’s bad.

1 Like

Off topic here but who is Luke Moga that Rattay offered the last day or two. Anyone know anything about him ?

It took Sanders 4 years to have as many yards as Weeden did in 2 years. I was really hoping Sanders wouldn’t have passed him.

1 Like

That’s a lot of Ints for all of them. Almost all these QBs ran a different style of offense or different coordinator too. That Chelf and Robson style of offense would had really suited Sanders. Too bad Sanders had a lot of injuries.

2 Likes

Also Sanders missed a bunch of games too

1 Like

Which makes his interception rate even higher.

1 Like

Yes go by per pass its show how bad it is

1 Like

It does but if he was or stayed healthier he might had been number 1 in more categories. Key word was “might” though. I’ve liked almost every QB we’ve had except a couple or few. guys we gave a chance to start but didn’t make it. I don’t remember too many guys in the 90s cause my childhood-preteen interest were other places. I had NFL players I liked during that time. What do y’all think of the new DC?

Different offense too man, we were diehard air raid and offense was much faster. Would had liked to of seen Sanders had a Woods, Bryant, Washington, or Blackmon to throw to.

1 Like

Look at the completion rate and look at the qb’s who have won the conference.

I would say 3-4 years.

Sanders doesn’t have the accuracy or arm strength for those receivers. He doesn’t have either for our current WRs. So many underthrown balls.