Whisky Business

A.) Everyone in this thread has a serious problem. /s

B.) I just realized the title is a call-out of a particular movie…so, Chimp status confirmed, sadly.

A - had the same thought

B - sad that I didn’t catch that sooner. Thanks for pointing that out

1 Like

Swooping in to see what you’re looking to get for this. Lol. If he’s not interested I might be.

Anyone have a $30 ish dollar recommendation for a first time whisky guy? My only real experience has been some unbelievably crappy stuff during my OSU glory days.

My first go to would be Weller Reserve or Buffalo Trace.

Dont disagree with JKN but Evan Williams SB, Four Roses yellow or 1792 Small batch are what i typically recommend. if you go a few dollars more Eagle Rare is a great first timer.

1 Like

I do like Four Roses and I apparently need to try Eagle Rare!

1 Like

Honestly, wild turkey 101, not the 92. Is a great low cost sipping whiskey. I don’t know if everyone will agree with this. But it’s so cheap, it’s hard to pass on

Buffalo trace

I would love a bottle of Blantons (I actually don’t even have one). I would also be interested in a 1792 sweet wheat

Weller reserve is a great wheated bourbon that’s easy to drink starting out

i have a couple bottles of Blantons and i dont have the sweet wheat and thats the only one i havent got or tried. If you want a bottle of blantons message me and we can work out details.

Anyone know any good spots to check out for some BT products in Okc? I’ve been traveling to Minnesota a lot for work since July and I found one spot that had 1 bottle of weller 12 and some willet pot still and willet rye’s but my friends in Tulsa usually are the ones that are able to find the good stuff and snag me a bottle of Blanton’s here and there. Byron’s every once in awhile we post but they sell out within 30 minutes usually.

Unfortunately, the only BT label readily available in most larger stores is Weller SR and Sazerac Rye. Some smaller stores may have a bottle of something here or there but its normally WAY over MSRP. For example, Grand Cru off May had a couple bottle of Blanton’s behind the counter last week for $139.99 if I remember correctly

Normal Blanton’s? It isn’t worth that much by any stretch of the imagination.

1 Like

Yup, not worth it when you can get it at or close to MSRP if you’re patient

1 Like

Byron’s has their regulars who know the allocation scheduling and the managers call those that are on their list that they know want it but that may be your best bet. Unfortunately what @taylor1 said is true. It’s going to be marked way up at the other stores that are smaller.

That being said Pancho’s or Sams Warehouse may have it in the OKC area.

$140!?!? Lol I got mine for $80

That’s what I’ve ran into everywhere too. Just didn’t know if anyone had a secret spot they didn’t care to let not be so secret lol