Why Mike Gundy is Right to Stick With Spencer Sanders

100% agree.

I don’t think we need to just fire Gundy off the cuff, as Travis said he offers a high floor for OSU and there are countless other programs who made that mistake chasing greener pastures. I do think it would be wise for OSU to start making plans for life after Gundy. Start scouting other coaches that you think would be a good fit for our program coaches that could potentially be an option in the next 4 years (Zac Robinson maybe?) and then if one of those candidates comes available and interested then move on, but use this time to really do your homework and vet them so you don’t end up like Arkansas.

1 Like

Exactly!
After years of knowing the truth, Gundy and Boone made things crystal clear, in 2017. Immediately after the Cowboys lost Bedlam, Gundy proclaimed to the media; “That was a fun game.” Uh, wait a minute Mullet Man, you just got your butts beat AGAIN! SO, what’s so fun about losing?
But win, lose or draw Gundy’s fine, he makes his millions, regardless. And OK State will never release him, because he’s the so-called “best” they’ve ever had.
Then, the week after 2017’s Bedlam loss? Boone sent Gundy a note, congratulating him for only losing by 10. WTF? Who gets congratulated for barely losing?
But that’s the way we roll, with our continual; “YOU JUST WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!” battle cry.
Ol’ Boone sure didn’t get much of a return on his investment. He actually dreamed of conference and national championships.

2 Likes

U guys kill me. I do know the osu president job is open. One of u get in, make everything better.we lost the ou game in 2018 over a missed extra pt. Kick. If u think it was a two pt try u have problems. But we got sanders now and I know u guys wanted him.

I say you go with a guy that has won a conference title and actually has NFL experience. His name is Brandon Weeden. What Gundy could do at the very least is bring him in as a QB coach, groom him as an OC, and then eventually hand him the keys to the HC position.

I highly doubt that happens though. Considering the master QB evaluator (Gundy) essentially didn’t want to play him and tried running him off too.

I like that idea. I have no idea if he has any interest in coaching but I think he could make a very good QB coach or even OC. The guy was a professional baseball player before he came to OSU so he’s got to know something.

Yep!

Maybe during the OU game they will be nice enough to down it at the goal line instead of running up the score. That always seems to help these fans have more pride in Gundy. I know that made me so proud that he was the best this University has ever had.

Those 2 are 2 and 6 against gundy.

I see u keep throwing out names. I could go with this one, atleast. At least I don’t know he cant coach like the ones u have gone with

Ur proud when ur sooner don’t run up score.

Yet they are 4-4 against OU. They find a formula to beat OU. One would think Gundy might review those formulas. I guess since he’s the best coach in school history it would be a waste of his time. I guess Gundy already knows the formula to beating OU. He just never implements it for some good reason. Even though we don’t know what that reason is.

1 Like

So ur saying they still have a losing record with schools in oklahoma

Not only a losing record with schools in Oklahoma no con champ. I do think both r nice coaches. I’m surprised Campbell has gone to a big 10 school. It’ll take time to see how well klimen will be or how long.

We did a new article joe has beat this dead hirse to pulp. Of course new article same out with Gundy.

What I’m saying is it isn’t always bad to review how other coaches have beaten OU. Gundy’s been given a blue print. The question is…will he use it? I doubt he does. Because nobody knows better than Gundy according to our fan base logic. Gundy would also agree as well. Even though he’s 2-13 against OU.

I know exactly what ur saying

I know exactly what ur say. We set the team up like isu ksu. That brings other problems. So we beat ou and lose to every one else. Most of the time ou just has a better team. I don’t know if it’s a curse or what but we lose the others. I know if u listen in on isu fans there is a joe tell to sack Campbell. Klinmen is not young, will he make it thur this in one piece with his fans. Your not something new,cows have wanted green pasture forever. The problem is how much damage u want to the fence.

I didnt watch the ou ksu game last yr. But I do know the 3 games ou gave up leads in the fourth. And only out last Texas with overtime. Not sure if it was isu or ksu but riley’s team. 21 pt lead to ksu. So yes believe there is a magic potion or​:santa::mage:‍♂:fairy:‍♀:genie:‍♂:upside_down_face::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: