With Malcolm Rodriguez Having Strong Camp, Lions Release Former First-Round Pick at LB

Originally published at: With Malcolm Rodriguez Having Strong Camp, Lions Release Former First-Round Pick at LB | Pistols Firing

It seems increasingly likely that Rodriguez will not only make the Lions roster, but make an impact.

2 Likes

I’m so impressed with Rodriguez as I was with his play in Stilly

1 Like

This isn’t a surprise to me. Anyone with knowledge of how well he plays should have taken him

1 Like

Yea the NFL is totally committed to the “data” and playing the odds, it’s money ball. Rodriguez doesn’t have the measurables so they all passed on him. They are also very hesitant to not play/promote someone drafted high over someone drafted lower because of the investment they made, even when their eyes tell them otherwise. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a lot of better players left on the outside looking in because management didn’t want to be seen looking bad if their draft choices turned out to be subpar half the time.

1 Like

Malcolm woke them up on “ measurable’s “. Linebacker coach was trying to wake them up that he was kicking their asxes !! Too much talent and smarts not to start or play a bunch

1 Like

Detroit depth chart on ESPN has Rodrigo listed as starting WLB. Maybe Mason will be traded to Detroit. Lions need a backup QB and Mason looks to be #3 or trade revenue for Steelers.

3 Likes

Yea I had similar thoughts, Mason needs to get out of that Steelers football Cult and go somewhere where he has a chance and the head coach isn’t mind F*ing him all the time.

1 Like

Who is this Malcolm Rodriguez they are talking about?

Who is They?