Wrestling Makes Oklahoma State a Good Fit for the Big Ten

I’d rather have Gundy than Harbaugh. That guy loses to Ohio State worse than Gundy does to OU with a much smaller talent gap.

Ur a lot different then Joey he says ever coach is better then gundy. Atleast u have 1 worse​:pleading_face::pleading_face::scream::scream::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::partying_face:

Most likely scenario is probably a merger of some sorts with PAC 12. They were dying and this could give them a shot in the arm and potentially a bigger tv deal in 2024. Personally as I’ve stated for OSU I’d like to see us go to the Big10 I think it would be the best for us, but I think the PAC 12 is much more likely.

We aren’t AAU so it’s not an option.

It’s funny how the east coast and the west coast are the only ones that watch football. ESPN controls football.

Thats where everything happens. U know nobody lives here

I’m not sure Gundy could beat Nebraska.

I’d love to compete with Michigan. As long as we don’t lose our recruiting base in Texas by moving to the Big 10, I think we’d handle them similar to how we’ve handle UT over the past 11 years.

Realistically, looking at the level of performance of teams, I think we are at the same level as the ACC. They also have some wrestling teams so I would think they would welcome OSU if they have any room left to expand. I don’t know how many schools they already have. Basketball would be quite a challenge but football would be fine. Ideally, the Big 12 should try to recruit some decent schools as the first step. If there is no interest then they have to ditch the Big 12. They will be wanted for football, basketball, wrestling, golf, baseball and cross country. Sorry, the track teams have sucked lately. Having one standout distance runner and a great hurdler does not make a team. I just checked and what I read says the ACC has 15 teams. If so, I think they would welcome OSU to make it an even 16 unless they already have filled that opening. 16 teams is already too much for any conference but beggars can’t be choosey. Any port in a storm.

1 Like

Glad I’m wrong.

Look traveling out east every game is not cool.
I think all of r sports would be about the same except basketball. I think the acc is a lil down rite at this point but when there all at it, it’s tough.

Competing in basketball in the ACC is murderer’s row but I think Boynton might dig that challenge. Do or die situation. It could help him recruit. Any conference except the Big 10.

Let’s do it.

“Competing in basketball in the ACC is murderer’s row” and the big 12 is any different? I thought the B12 was the best basketball conference out there.

As far is the big 10 goes I am all in with a vengeance. Going to the big 10 is the best option for OSU and I would love it if it would happen.

2 Likes

AAU is a checklist of University offerings. It sounds like a good thing but it should not be a standard of conference athletic membership. Texas Tech has a Medical School, Law School, Doctorate program in Pharmacy and many on campus graduate programs. Why is Tech not recognized as a premiere institution in US News & Business report? Nebraska has allowed their AAU membership to expire. Will the Big 10 kick Nebraska off the field. Nebraska’s Omaha Medical School is not in Lincoln and the AAU does not like that. I thought we were talking about money and competitive athletic and football programs.