Wrestling Makes Oklahoma State a Good Fit for the Big Ten

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/wrestling-makes-oklahoma-state-a-good-fit-for-the-big-ten/

A case for OSU to the Big Ten.

They would have waive the ed part.
Iowa state and ku fit great and r closer

I agree with your take. If they overlook the academic side from a business stand point OSU makes much more sense. It would also give the Big 10 a foot hold in Oklahoma/Texas. I would be inclined to say the Big 10 may over look academics because times are changing rapidly and business and money usually takes priority over everything else.

Good take. But, tosu already took away a qb from Texas that lives in Texas. I think he would have been a 3rd or 4th generation Texas student.
Yes Minnesota would not have done that.

Would those numbers hold for a full season year after year. Also we have a hard enough time keeping guys health with who we play now​:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::partying_face::exploding_head::partying_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

Probably won’t happen but it would be ironic having the Pokes joining the very conference that Carson Cunningham has bashed numerous times over the years on the podcast :rofl:

I don’t think this will happen, but I would much prefer it to the PAC 12, ACC, or some conference of commuter schools.

The AAU thing doesn’t make much sense to me. Is there a practice reason they require that or is it purely a prestige thing? Ain’t like we’re asking to share math professors with them. It’s an athletic conference.

Big 10 does not need to add another powerhouse wrestling program, it already is the top dog of college wrestling and the Cowboys would usually just be the second or third best team in the conference. So no advantage for the Big 10. Their dual meet attendance is just fine as it is. They don’t need another draw to get fans to fill the seats. The Cowboys cannot say the same. Football would be the same or worse with Pokes having no chance to beat Ohio State or Michigan for conference championship. We would end up like Nebraska, just competing for the shared revenue while going without anymore trophies. Who really wants that?

1 Like

No one gives a thing about the trophies. If they did we wouldn’t spent the last decade with mediocre Mike.

Didn’t the oklahoma hof give him a trophy last summer well a plaque. He got a trophy in December

I think it was a bowl full of Cheez its.

Thatsbetter then a glass one. Have u ever had cheez its.

I prefer protein.

Ok to each their own

The pac12 said this year that they were going to invite more teams for wrestling. That fits us.

No shot we beat Ohio State more than once a blue moon that’s for sure but Michigan doesn’t worry me at all. For as much as I bash Gundy for poor coaching Harbaugh is definitely a bigger sham than Gundy. I think he’d run circles around Michigan just like he did Texas.

1 Like

R u OK.

Ur not dying

What are you on about now?

U said some what nice thing about gundy I thought u were sick high fever