You know its a QBs award when

You know the Heisman award is a QB award when they list Chuba as a QB…

In all seriousness what do y’all think chuba has to do to bring it home, I think the only way the trophy makes it back to Stillwater is if chuba reaches Barry level of output.Capture

1 Like

I honestly think he would need a Barry like season and beating OU to win it.

3 Likes

We would have to at least make it to the sugar bowl. Which means be part of the conference championship game. Then Chuba would need 2k.

1 Like

Chuba is fighting against the QB argument and the wins column argument. I remember discussion a few years ago about Heisman’s that rarely come from a team outside the Top 5 final rankings and recently they’re nearly all QBs. All of which are out of his control.

Very true, and I think it might be harder than we think. Both Bryce Love and Jonathan Taylor rushed for over 2,100 yards in the last 2 years, and neither had a true shot at the Heisman over a QB.

If he gets another couple 300 yard games between Tech, WVU, and maybe OU it’d be pretty hard to ignore him as a serious candidate. He’d also be right around that 2k marker.

It’s just an award, and a criteria-fixed one at that, but it would do a lot for the program if Chuba’s Cinderella story came true.