Your Favorite OSU Sports - Ranked

That’s actually what’s great about OSU being a well rounded institution. We have tons of things we can discuss in this forum. I already pay more attention to wrestling, softball and golf because of the PFB coverage.

2 Likes

Isn’t this on @OKCDave 's annual sanity test?

I think you may be right…

I’ve asked something close to that before but not in a few years. This is from 2013:

Capture

Capture2

5 Likes

Those numbers are going to change… :blush:

1 Like

1 Like

I would have to go with:
Football - best team during my lifetime
Basketball - #TeamBoynton

Golf - mainly following PGA guys

1 Like

1A Football watch every game. (I’ve played the Australian and English versions, but never American.)
1B Basketball watch almost every game (Played growing up)
2 Soccer would be here if the Big XII ever recognizes it as a men’s sport (Played through college)
3 Baseball keep up with it but don’t watch many games until the post-season
4 Golf - keep up with it as much as the blog covers it. Usually watch some in the post-season.
5 Wrestling - basically what the blog covers. I watched some of the national championships last season.

1 Like
  1. Football: Tailgate home games, listen or watch away games at a bar, attend bowl games.
  2. Men’s Basketball: Attend a few home games, always watch Bedlam either at GIA or if it’s in norman at a bar.
  3. Wrestling: Really enjoy wrestling, the atmosphere is insane consistently.
  4. Baseball: Love what Coach Holiday is building and really enjoy going to the Bedlam games in OKC and Tulsa.
  5. Soccer: Enjoyed attending the games in college, paddling on the portable wall.
  6. Women’s Basketball: Games were great to go to in school, could almost always get a front row seat and an autograph.
  7. Tennis: New complex is awesome, games are very fast paced and enjoyable, and free food!
  8. Softball: Really wish I could have attended more games in college.
  9. Golf: History and tradition, wish it was easier to watch the games.
  10. Cross Country/Track: Love seeing Big XII championship trophies and national championship banners.
  11. Equestrian: Never saw a match, had a friend that had a bad experience with the organization, soured me on them.

Tech invented meat judging.

1. Soccer - watch all the games on ESPN+ Live if possible.
  2. Football - haven’t watched a full game, start to finish, in a few years.
  3. Wrestling
  4. Basketball
  5. Everything else

I check scores, read stories, and follow ever sport on the board. Not that I don’t love OSU, or to suggest that everyone else doesn’t have stuff going on, but there are 20 things I would rather do on a Saturday before spend and entire day watching football.

Most of my sports viewing is on demand as I try to go to sleep.

Got it. You’re essentially un-American. :smirk:

Actually have to give you credit. I sometimes am concerned about the level of emotional investment I have in OSU sports.

6 Likes

Guy, like many of you, I’ve had my heart broken so many times that avoidance is how I handle OSU sports. Plus, I really enjoy soccer. Watching Ligue 1 while enjoying a cigar and a cocktail on my back porch right now.

I started watching EPL a couple of years ago. So now I get my heart broken by Tottenham. I know how to pick ‘em.

1 Like

Oh no. Not you too. I fell in love with Tot on FIFA probably 5 years ago when I started following soccer. I didn’t know I could introduce even more sports heartbreak to my life on top of OSU, the Dallas Cowboys, the Texas Rangers, and the Thunder. Oh boy was I wrong.

2 Likes