10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 21-16 Loss in the Big 12 Championship

Kind of like how it was a genius idea by you to try and pin the Big 12 championship loss on the defense.

That tells me we need to start recruiting champion caliber players on offense if we refuse to build any quality depth for that side of the ball, and demand our offensive coaches to develop our 4th year QB and offensive line.

Iā€™ll just go ahead and point out our defense wasnā€™t the last unit on the field in the two losses weā€™ve suffered this season. Hell!!! Iā€™m willing to bet if we wouldā€™ve lined our defense up on the goal line during that last offensive possession with 1st and goal from the 1 they wouldā€™ve punched it into the end zone.

We have a soft offense and soft coaching on offense. Thatā€™s the main problem.

That was the obvious loser the defense. No enough pics. Spencerā€™s would have had 5.

But itā€™s nice u knew u we a yahoo. Hate to have to spell that out to u.

Talking to the real people. Knowles mite have the most experienced squad in the nation. Only what tw0 no upperclassmen 2 deep.
Offense had some many injuries and what had well 0ver 10 guys new to osu or the position who played. Maybe close to 20.

1 Like

Then why are you blaming the defense and not Spencer? Even Georgia and Alabama wouldā€™ve had a difficult time defending an average offensive drive of 31.7 yards without letting the other team score.

If youā€™re really trying to pin this on the defense I donā€™t want to hear another word from you on anything related to college football. Youā€™ll do absolutely anything to defend Gundy. Even if it means blaming the best unit on the field all season long.

U we?

Go read ARā€™s post related to Knowles and the defense. It made sense to everyone else on this forum. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll disagree with it though, because even if AR agreed to anything you said you would still try to tell him heā€™s wrong.

First wrong spencer.
Juggles enough sense as u.
Joey u dnt even know what a good coach looks like.
Like I said give dunn as many years u have gave Knowles and boynton.
Itā€™s still down to this offense was a patch work of players do to injuries. And the defense was full of upperclassmen.
Iā€™m not down on Knowles Iā€™m pointing out his coaching job was just calling plays he knew he had the players to run the scheme. Dunn didnā€™t know who would be play at the start of the game or the end.
So cry all u want.

1 Like

I know we had 4 interceptions and no running game,BUT CONSIDER these sats. The defense held Baylor scoreless in the second half and only 36 yards of offense in the second half
We were in the half yard line 1st and 10.
1st call run of right tackle no gain, 2nd down same play 3rd play running play off left tackle, 4th down running play sweep to the left Inchā€™s short of the pilot.
Why not roll Sanders out wilt option run of pass?
Or have the running back try the old jump over the line or Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders jump.
Or letā€™s get rid of the Cowboy back and get back to the Fullback and a real tight end.
The Cowboy back is not a good position!

AR and just about everyone else on this forum so far have enough common sense to know itā€™s not the defenseā€™s fault that our offense played so poorly.

Apparently you donā€™t either. Cause the coach we have now has zero conference titles to his name in the last 10 seasons while Baylor has three of them. Maybe Gundy can be educated by Aranda on what championship-caliber should look like.

Gundy trying to tell us how to build a championship caliber program is like Pat Jones trying to tell people how you game plan to beat OU. It just wonā€™t happen.

Why? So we can get even worse on offense?

Our defense has gotten better every year since Knowles came to town, while our offense has gotten worse.

Stop crying and making excuses for Dunn and Gundy They were a big contributing factor for the loss of the Big 12 title game. Everyone could see it with their own eyes.

There was an instance TWICE where we tried corner fades and the Baylor defense left the middle of the end zone COMPLETELY OPEN. Imagine if we wouldā€™ve had a certain tight end that wouldā€™ve been a senior with experience named Jelani Woods to toss a TD pass in the middle of the end zone?

You mean the guy that likely played himself into getting drafted this year?

1 Like

Joey I can name stupid coaches u have said were good.
Crying is u being a gundy hater for years and keep talking about him knowing he is coming back next year.
What was ur point about Hazelwood. If riley could make the 4th best recruit in 2019 then Pittman wonā€™t.
Him and rattler are good sooners.
Have injuries is s fact.
Iā€™m done. U will start repeating again. Howā€™s ur bb coach doing I havenā€™t seen a comment. Are u hiding.

1 Like

Crying is constantly getting on here, and trying to defend a dude that tells us how to build a championship program, when heā€™s 1-4 in championship games.

My point about Haselwood is itā€™s funny.

I just canā€™t believe that from 1st and goal at the 1 we didnā€™t run one QB sneak. We ran it for a first down in the middle of the field and it worked just fine. Just put to backs behind him and push him in. Put 3 if you have to.

However, we drew a much better bowl game as non-champions. Its a consolation prize that eases the pain of the loss.

1 Like

Phewā€¦ Another season of poor, unimaginative, and repetitive play calling. Running up the middle has not been good to our Cowboys. So, from the three-yard line for a win and the Big 12 Championship. Our Offensive Coordinator calls not one, but two back-to-back up-the-middle running plays. Against a goal-line defense, we have not moved all day. Our result was ZERO. I think it was the same play, if not it attacked the same areaā€¦ What?? Why??.. Insanity is to keep doing what gets a negative result and you will continue to get a negative result. Kasey Dunn is a nice guy and was a great receiver coachā€¦but the last 2 years have been full of poor results offensively. We need more imagination, more zone blocking, a few misdirections, power sweeps. Not the one, two, three yards and a cloud of dust plays The Cowboys did not get here over the last ten years by playing an old-school conservative play-calling. Our offense has to become competitive, our defense can not win the games in the future without a good offense. Mr Mike needs to get this mess corrected?

1 Like

Three yard line is generous. It was a hell of a lot closer than 3 yards until they failed repeatedly and then were backed up.

Yes 19 and 5 sucks.
Letā€™s give him 5 years like boynton and Knowles.
Boynton has one win. Dunn is going for his second.
Knowles had the worst defense we have every had.
There has been some issues with a couple of bad classes. The offense will get better.
But I will give u a towel while u cry.
So remember he will end this year at 800% or 760%. Over two years.

1 Like

1 conference title in 17 years sucks.

11th in the country win percentage in the last 10 years. 13th in the country win percentage in the last 20 years. Yea Iā€™d say our progression is headed in the right direction.

2 Likes