10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 23-0 Victory against Texas Tech

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/10-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-23-0-victory-against-texas-tech/

The Pokes shutout Taco Tech.

I would rather play Baylor in the Big 12 title game than have to play OU twice in a row.

1 Like

I would rather beat ou twice.
But when we beat ou they will drop and Baylor will give us another top 10 win.

2 Likes

You know what happened in 2013 Robert? We came into that game, in Stillwater, with a higher ranking and better record. We lost to an OU team that had been blown out by Baylor and Texas, and they did it with a 3rd string QB.

If we don’t clean up our special teams blunders, offensive line, and get some of our players back for next week it’s going to be difficult to win. Given the fact that Gundy is 1-3 as a favorite in Bedlam. The odds aren’t really in our favor.

The only coach and players that have consistently shown throughout the season they have what it takes to beat OU are Jim Knowles and the defensive unit.

1 Like

What was wrong with the Oline tonight ? Tech hadn’t allowed 7 opponents to rush for 100 yards. Special teams ? Other than penalties I didn’t see the special team troubles They had a good Dline or the one was

1 Like

Joey I really have had enough of ur sorry chit.
U have serious problems.
First ur not a genius. U didn’t go out and find Knowles.
In the real world there are reason for wins and losses.
This is the 7th 10 win season the 4th 2nd place in 11 years.
This is the first time Knowles has played apart.
He didn’t recruit most of the players. There are a great group of coaches gundy got.
By everthing u say u want gundy has done. So stop crying.

1 Like

At this point it’s hard to find fault with this team and Gundy. However, never overlook Joe’s ability to dig deep and find something to complain about.

3 Likes

Well Michael, we had some injuries on the O line which everybody knows is the Head Coaches fault. I’m sure Gundy made them play with out their knee braces or something.

3 Likes

Actually Joey is great to have around.
Look at some of the teams or coaches were good. Indiana and Tulane.
He point out our troubles beating all the teaxs’s teams, we swept them. Gundy can’t make the title game.
So he is our lil reverse rabbits foot.

1 Like

You act like Knowles isn’t our DC……

1 Like

now that Porter is long gone - can you finally PLEASE reinstate the old comment structure. this system that you have now is complete garbage. the overall site is wonderful and the posts are easy to find / read. Not sure why we’re still running with this rinky-dink comment section/structure

7 Likes

The 2013 Bedlam loss was totally due to poor special teams play. Pokes allowed a punt return for a TD (refs didn’t call a blatant block in the back on that return) and a fake FG for a TD.

3 Likes

Two O-lineman out and no quality depth on the OL (imagine that!!!).

All I’m saying is if a couple of people go down for the defense we don’t really miss a beat. When we have a couple of people go down on offense we are stuck with freshman and can’t hardly move the ball.

So while you complain about Knowles and his 5 commits, I’ll go ahead and point out that the Tech game shows we have pretty bad depth offensively. Also, we seem to love to go two steps forward and two steps back. You would think at least one person on the offensive coaching staff would tell our players that penalties aren’t good.

So here are the positives. We have a great defense and we are one of the lucky few college football teams to make it to 10-1. We already have the Big 12 title appearance in the bag.

The negatives here is that our offense looks completely different when only a couple of people go down. Our offense has already cost us one game, and it’s not going to surprise anyone if they cost us one or two more. I hope you don’t think we are going to get a bedlam victory by trying to field goal our way to a win.

If it’s not Gundy’s then fine, but at some point he might want to bring Charlie Dickey into his office and ask how we are developing our OL, or why it still seems like our depth lacks quality.

The degradation of the offense was more than just a couple of people going down. There was a good number (more than a couple) of injuries that hampered practice the previous week and had a lot of players in the game who were not at 100%. Try getting your facts straight before commenting.

2 Likes

It is what it is Joey …. I thought the backups played well against a tough run defense. UO line isn’t dominating anyone I see. Our defense will carry us. You just biotch too much

1 Like

I’m with Robert, Joey chit man you do need to quit biotching about any little trivial thing. You can’t micromanage a football team. This team is on a mission, where it ends I don’t know. But I love watching them. Sanders hasn’t had a turnover in how many games and throwing better than ever

2 Likes

Gundy doesn’t have a mullet anymore :cowboy_hat_face:

I know it’s sad. I cried that day.:sob::sob::sob::sob::scream::scream::scream::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like