10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 24-21 Loss to Iowa State

The thinking is you have the lead and can go into halftime with the same game plan because you’ve relied on the defense all season. What we forgot to realize is that it was Brocktober.

They tell the players they are proud of them before the game is over. Congratulations for playing one solid half for the third time this season.

Your welcome. I’m just hoping that at some point Gundy can learn to get behind himself and let’er rip!!!

Joey I will never understand U.
But if u could Manage to be truthful once.
Do u truly believe that the only thing holding us back from score 38 points a game is play calling

1 Like

If you can give me a good enough reason of why we don’t line up in pistol formations with a two back backfield I’m all ears.

Considering we have a QB whose best attribute is running with the ball, behind a bad OL, and the fact the defense knows who will be carrying the ball and where it’s going.

You don’t even have to be at an average of 38. You could be at 31 and get by. Neither which we’ve been able to accomplish so far this year. Execution by players wasn’t the problem Saturday night. (Besides the kicker on a short FG)

The problem Saturday night was scared coaching, and our coaches inability to make adjustments in a timely manner. The Iowa State coaching staff figured out that if you dink and dunk on our secondary with quick passes it takes the pressure of Purdy and you slowly but surely move the ball down the field.

You don’t have to go 100 mph on offense when you’re down by 3-7 points. Matt Campbell figured out that OSU’s offense isn’t built to score in a 2 minute drive any longer. Campbell was banking on forcing the OSU offense to win it for Gundy and they failed.

Because of our play calling we couldn’t run the ball effectively and if you look at Sanders touchdown passes I’m pretty sure all of them but one was in double coverage. It’s hard to score on offense when the defense has a really good idea where the ball is going.

Ok that was all over the place. U didn’t answer the question.
And for the defense knowing who is running the ball, didn’t u urself rule that out.
If Sanders is in an empty backfield and he runs yes.
But u said Sanders run. So with Warren there u still have the two option.
So this time answer is the play calling hold us back more then anything

1 Like

It doesn’t work if Sanders doesn’t pull the ball back in and take off running. That happened how many times Saturday? Twice maybe? You call it a 2nd option which is true, but you also have a 3rd option as well with a two back backfield. The passing option is always still there as well.

Yes it is. If you don’t think it is then you can explain to me in some kind of detail why you think it isn’t. If not then stop asking me questions you don’t have an answer for.

So on the last drive that flag helped how.
U like riley rite and think highly of him. Why is he talking about the importance of being able to run the ball up the middle.
U do over play stuff.
Just like at the end of the game u said we ran the ball up the middle 32 times. This is not true.
Warren had good numbers he just only carried it 19 times.
And I still dnt understand how u can call Campbell’s play calling innovating. They did only score 3 more points.
We did only have 3 and outs.
Go lookhow many series stall because of flags. I can’t remember but I think we had 12 drives 5 end in td or fg tries and one at the half. The last one had a flag. The one before they came at us.

1 Like

In the first half Warren had 9 carries for 55 yards (6.1 per carry). In the 2nd half of the first drive Warren’s first 4 carries went for 8 total yards (2.0 per carry).

Warren and Richardson combined in the 2nd half had 11 rushes for 28 yards (2.5 per carry) and Sanders overall had 11 carries for 29 yards the entire game (2.6 per carry).

At some point in time you have to expect as an offensive coaching staff that the other team might adjust at halftime to stop the running game.

As far as you’re comment about using Sanders as a 2nd option on the run the Iowa State games speaks for itself. The Texas defense isn’t nowhere near as good as the ISU defense. That you would have to agree on.

So if this game wasn’t a big wake up call to change up your offensive game plan or overall running formations then I don’t think anything ever will.

Apparently it was more innovating than ours because they won the game.

That is par for u joey just break it down to fit ur narrative. U do know they play 40 minutes. Even Alabama doesn’t score every time.
One Sanders rushing numbers have 3 sacks in there.
So the last flag was a good thing and riley was passing wind about running up the middle.
I would take u more seriously if u would understand football a lil

1 Like

I’m breaking it down because that’s what’s important to figure out what went wrong and what could be improved on. Did you notice how none of our touchdowns were scored from a designed run?

If you have any better ideas on how this offense and running game could be better I’d like to hear it.

I would take you more seriously if you knew how to break down the game and drives.

I’m not saying the OL played perfect, but they are what they are until Dickey and the offensive staff make them better. Looks like we need more designed passes out of the pocket then.

Take the sacks out because they r really on the passing game we had over 4 a carry.
Still nothing about how the last flag helped us or riley talking about the importance of the run up the middle.
They way u look at does not taken the personal.
And not once have u, after breaking down the numbers come with anything besides not run up the middle. Which is what u say every time except when we run up the middle for 200 yards.

I was not talking about the sacks I was talking that Sanders run game was better then the 29 yards.

1 Like

Looks like Dickey, Dunn, and Gundy need to get together and work on pass protection then instead of allowing to be a lingering problem.

So you really think we would run up the middle for 200 yards against a legitimate rush defense behind this offensive line?

Look!!! I’m not going to sit here and play the if, and, or but game with you all day long. The game is over, and the stats along with the play calling has already been spoken for.

Most people commenting on the forum Saturday agreed that our offense consistently sucks (especially in the 3rd quarter) and the inability to adjust after halftime by the coaches is a problem.

I asked you three times what you would try offensively and you never answered. If you can’t come up with any ideas on how to diversify our offense to make it more effective then there really isn’t any point in arguing with you any longer.

You can’t claim to know something about football, and spout of a bunch of random crap when asked a legitimate question on how to make the offense better. Have fun holding conversations with the other football expert known as Michael13.

U never told me what plays u would run.
The most people u talk about r the same people who talk about it. I was find with the play calls.
Football is a game of inches. We saw the fg miss by inches and the last play miss by inch.
These things happen when u play a good team on the road. Ask penn state, oh wait they played Illinois.

1 Like

What happened Saturday is not a call to revamp the offense.
The most determinant thing is still the flags.

1 Like

What is a play u want to run more. A jet sweep. Those are a crap shoot. I’ve seen them work for td and seen them get blown up for ten yard loses

Maybe some more counter and motion plays? Kind of like what Iowa State did with the motion they ran against our defense.