10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 27-13 Season-Opening Victory against Central Arkansas

Is that the best you can do?

Lot funny then you every have done

1 Like

We donā€™t have a Weeden or a Blackman , Cooper, etc to get a big lead do we ? Thereā€™s a big difference in these two teams

1 Like

19 straight completions in the conference championship game before half time to finger out how to stop them. Forget uo had a TE for a half, ND scored 28 first half , you should sit this one out joy

1 Like

Tell us how many D 1 football games youā€™ve coached joy , or high school ? Give us a number
You and xpert are authorities on all this. Iā€™m curious what your background is other than biothching about how terrible we are ? One of your heroes at Nebraska is high on Gundy ?

1 Like

Mikeā€¦ā€¦have you ever asked yourself why we donā€™t have those types of players any longer? Iā€™ll give you some time to figure it out.

19? If you are just going to make up numbers, make it more interesting. 36 or 58

1 Like

It doesnā€™t matter how many I have or havenā€™t. It doesnā€™t take a genius or coach to figure out we have problems. If I were 2-1 against a guy Iā€™ve went up against I would do what I can to make myself look good on national television as well.

While you and I rarely agree on many things. We both agree the OL sucks and needs to get its chit together. I donā€™t know how you can be optimistic about that chit show the other night. I keep hearing about how Dunn hasnā€™t pulled out his bag of tricks yet. I have two questions in relation to that:

1. When does he plan on doing that? Cause Iā€™ve been waiting four years for him to do so.

2. Tell me whatā€™s significantly changed with the offensive scheme over the last four years? Because I donā€™t see anything drastically different.

Which brings me to another point that many on here keep making excuses for. All I heard last season was ā€œOL this!!! OL that!!!ā€. Only to see how inconsistent it was against an FCS school. If you guys want to claim this could be a 2021 season I have no issue with that claim. You just better hope we have a top ten defense to compliment it.

You know its funny when i talk about thebad stuff the recievers did, you made excuses for them last your

1 Like

I didnā€™t make excuses for anyone on this team last season or this season. About the only person I recall Iā€™ve made an excuse for on this team was Rangel. Simply because he got creamed on a throw that led to an interception. Maybe if Gundy, Dunn, and Dickey could find an offensive line I wouldnā€™t have to make an excuse for him. One can only wish though. You keep making those excuses for a healthy OL though.

1 Like

I was talking about last year. Rangel is still not the best qb.
Only thing i said on here was wilson didnt play. That was just a simple fact
I havenā€™t said anything. Im fine with how the game went. I am concern with a couple of injuries. I think spring field will be back but would rather not play him, on that ankle. Wright should be back by ksu game.
Im concern with rangel. He threw a pick and his long pass was a floater behind the receiver. Big 12 play thats a pic or at best incomplete

1 Like

You didnā€™t hardly get to see him.

Here ya go: Live Blog Updates: Oklahoma State Hosts Central Arkansas for 2023 Season Opener - #24 by bill18

You can stop lying now.

You mean the pick where our lineman didnā€™t pick up the block at all, and just let the guy run right past him to cream Rangel?

Lets see, we saw rangel the same as others. Rangel needs more time to warm up.

2 lineman out by half was a fact. I didnt do any crying.

Who is making the excuses. Go listen to tcu, ballor and tech guys they are al saying they got the worst line. Rangel threw the pic. No more excues joey. Seriously cole didnt tell rangel to throw it. Thats like all the bad throws sanders had. No one told him to throw it short or wide. You and your excuses

1 Like

Youā€™re implying that not having offensive lineman was an issue against a 5-6 FCS team. Just give it up already, or keep making excuses.

Like i said its a fact had nothing to do with the game. Wilson wasnt hurt so there is that.
Your still going off of last year. TCU WENT 13 AND 2 SECOND IN THE COUNTRY LOST TO A 1 AND 11 TEAM.
Last year told us what. Seriously dude. I have yet to learn anything you have posted. Other than they allow stupid people to post.
I do see your accepted that your excuses are wrong.

1 Like

Oh Gundy knows what offense weā€™re going to run. I think heā€™s creating game tape so media and fans can come to the same conclusion.

Always a joy to see you replies. LOL

1 Like

So I guess we are in agreement that Gundyā€™s recruiting has been lacking as of late.

This offense reminds me of the #freeMikeHamilton days.

Heroes at Nebraska? No idea what you mean here. Sorry.

As for background, sorry no coaching here. Just playing. But I had season tickets from '97 to '15 (after which I moved to Florida), and have watched OSU offense go through phases of utter crap (Bob Simmons) to Brilliance (Monken) and a significant variance in between. I remember Prentiss Eliott. I remember Josh Fields. Even Aso Pogi. The way you guys talk about our performance really reminds of Del Millerā€™s ā€œsuper secretā€ offense. It was so secret, that not even the coaches could find in that season.

And I wonā€™t apologize for wanting our offensive to make our RBs to look more like Tatum Bell and less like Mike Hamilton. Heck, Iā€™d take a Seymour Shaw level performance. And I wonā€™t apologize for wanting OSU to be as good as the program can be rather than simply as good as Gundy (and the ā€œhey, we made a bowl gameā€ crowd) is satisfied with.

3 Likes

Weird. You use last year to support your argument that Dunn is good, then complain because I use stats from last year to support my argument that he isnā€™t. Just answer this question:

Was our offense inept against an FCS school in week one. No excuses as to why. Just YES or NO. And then ask yourself, was our offense also inept against Wisconsin in the bowl game? Yes or No? Anyone with a set of eyes and not paid by the university, knows that Yes is the answer to both questions.

2 Likes

Why do we care about Rangelā€™s pick. It was a 4th down play. An incomplete pass would be the exact same result so Rangel trying to extend the play as long as possible actually looks good for him, not bad. If you do something other than just read box scores, youā€™d know that.

1 Like

The fact that we come close to losing games like this EVERY year is an issue. It wonā€™t be fixed by Gundy.

2 Likes