10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 27-13 Season-Opening Victory against Central Arkansas

Yea…looks like Coach Prime has proven so far that a complete roster turnover isn’t such a bad thing. Maybe if we’re really nice to him he’ll send a couple of portal dudes from his OL our way.

You brought up an interesting point joy, Rhule is 2-1 against Gundy that is correct, the KSTATE is 1-4 against Gundy right ? See how that works. You always go with whatever make you look better. It doesn’t. It doesn’t matter if I’m not satisfied with Dickey I can’t change it, neither can you. I don’t know how good Dunn is, none of you do either when he has a full set of players. I know last year the first half we scored at 35 / game. Plenty to win. Most of you don’t know of what went on with that team last half of the season. A good QB can make a lot of difference. I’m not sure we have one unless it’s Flores

Good luck getting an answer. He’s just going to tap dance around it.

1 Like

Go count ‘em jug 19 , you have enough fingers and toes

And you don’t? I bring up the point that Chris Klieman also has just as many conference titles as Gundy in a lot less time. Same with Dave Aranda. Two fairly new coaches to the Big 12. Also, since bringing back the CCG Matt Campbell and Gundy have both been there once. They also have the same amount of NY6 bowl wins in the same time frame. You continue to ignore that, and go with the “Top 10 in wins!!!” argument to try to make yours look better. See how that works? If I really want to be technical about it all. Even Northwestern played for a conference title three years ago, and they fired their coach.

Yep, and that was last year. I’ve already provided you what his offenses ranked every season he’s been here. Only inside the Top 50 once, and he was aided and complimented by a top ten defense the year he finished 46th. You continue to ignore all the other variables with the team throughout his stint as the OC at OSU. Having 13 points through three quarters against an FCS school isn’t just borderline pathetic. It’s completely pathetic. Even if you’re just running basic offensive concepts, and have no significant injuries. As far as finding a QB though. Is a third string QB from Michigan in the portal the best Gundy can do? Keep those blinders on though.

1 Like

I don’t think the post was directed at you was it ? Not unless your name is joy , aka Bill … he’s the one that jumps on every bandwagon until they chit the bed … hey I’m all for 4-5 star entitled players to up out recruiting number We can pay them a bunch so they can go to the portal and go somewhere else. I think Gundy plans on using the portal his self this year. Why not ?
You know Weeds was a walk on ? Blackman was barely a 3 star. I’ve been here through it too from Floyd by gosh Gass to now. Don’t lecture me you’ve seen it all chit. Gundy will either get it together or I hope he’s gone. You just better hope that the next one can win as many games as Gundy …… the hero comment was to joy , the guy I singled it out to. Rhule is one of his idols unless he falls flat at Nebraska

They also had Holgerson and Monken. They didn’t have Kasey “I don’t know what to do” Dunn. Those guys were college and NFL coordinators before coming to OSU. Dunn wouldn’t be worthy enough to sniff their jock straps. I’m sure Rhule would’ve also loved to play Central Arkansas his first game as well. It’s not like he’s in year 19 at the same school.

So you’re back on with both Matt’s this year , you ignore Klieman is 1-4 against Gundy. Read that long for the idiots in the back joy. He has a chance this year only because he has a veteran QB , we shall see. Top 10 in wins and Top 10 in wins against top 25 teams joy. You forgot the last one. That pretty dam good for a bottom feeder 20 years ago. No other B12 team but the goons can lay claim to both of those. Where is Klieman, Campbell , etc You should sit this one out too

I’m not ignoring it. I’m just stating he also has the same amount of conference titles as Gundy in a hell of a lot less time.

Looks like Gundy could use one of those. Don’t ya think?

I wonder how many other Big 12 teams ((including the new ones) we have to watch win the Big 12 before Gundy can again.

1 Like

“Whataboutism” change the narrative joy you imbecile ! Your new pal was chomping on recruiting and I said that on Weeds and Blackman and you jump in with a bunch of hooey about Holgerson and Monken. Proven head coaches are they !! You jumped in this hole now get out of it. You just want to flap your gums tonight You haven’t proven anything but you get proven wrong a lot

You asked the question, you answer it It wi depend on who has the deepest pockets

Lol your sticking up for joy now.
Im not going to give yes or no answers congressman, lol.
Your a funny gurl.

Explain why in the first 7 games we were a top 15 offense even tho were were 2 and 1 against 3 of the top 4 teams in the big 12. Then drop 22 points agame.

Talk about a guy who can’t see reallity.

Joy likes to use " last year" to explain this year. That why i metion the tcu game. Ive told to stop using last year. You can use some stuff from the past like gundy has 17 years in a row of winning record.

1 Like

Dave at matt have more losing season in way less time. Matts going on his second and dave his 3rd in a row. Chris and sonny have the same losing seasons in 5 or less years.
I love how you nothing to say about last years result when the 2nd best team loses to the worst team from last year. Even in the olden days you couldnt use last years, today its even worse.

1 Like

Hey itll be wild when coach prime beats another hero of yours in the second week in a row.

1 Like

Shapen, who had a record-setting first half for the Bears. He set a Big 12 Championship Game record and AT&T Stadium record by starting the game off with 17-straight completions.

I can count and read but obviously you can’t you stupid bass turd.

2 Likes

Tell me when Kasey Dunn will ever be worthy to be considered a HC? Even Mike Yurcich became a good OC and he’s still not getting head coach gig anywhere. I already have the answer for you. It’s NEVER. Use your brain you imbecile.

He’s not sticking up for anyone. He’s just pointing out a lot of the blatant ignorance and stupidity you display on a daily basis here. He actually brought up some good points, but as always, you go on the attack instead of using your brain. Also, as predicted, you tap danced around his question.

So let’s use what we know so far this season.

OL- sucks, you said they would be better.

OC- sucks, you said he’s not the problem.

Defense- alright, you said they would be good. I think they’re about average right now.

Matt Campbell- Won by 21 against Northern Iowa
Dave Aranda- lost by 11 to Texas State
Chris Klieman- Won by 45 (was 35-0 at the half)

Gundy……going into the 4th quarter hoping he doesn’t drop one to Central Arkansas.

The coaches I mentioned above pretty much did what they were expected to do against an FCS school. Here in Stillwater we’ve seemed to have created a tradition of playing down to the level of the competition when it comes to playing an FCS school.

Now should Aranda had lost at home to a G5 school? Probably not. Then again, if this were Gundy (like in 2016 against CM) you would be making excuses for injuries and placing a majority of blame on players. While blaming the officials at the same time. You act as if this only happens to other coaches, but not Gundy. If you want to criticize Aranda, Campbell, and Klieman then that’s fine. However, not once did you criticize the stupidity on offense that was displayed this past Saturday or the coaches responsible for it.

1 Like

Thats your stick joy. You live to complain. Look at this whole statement and many before. You always asking why im not criticizing the team.
Im glad matt won a game. Lol. Great job matt.

I do notice you never explained the tcu Colorado game. You believe what a team is last year tells us what we will have this year. Basic that was the best and worst from last year. All you did was flip camps. You rode sonny like a virgin on her wedding nite. Now your telling me prime is the best thing since slice bread.
Ive talked to you about this its not my attitude its yours. You wouldnt be able to coach a thumb wrestling team.
I always address questions you just dnt like or understand my answers. Its you that dnt comment because you have no answer.

1 Like

Of course you won’t answer the question. Because you’d have to post that our offense in those two games was inept. Its not even debateable, as shown because if you could debate it, you’d have done so.

But unlike you, I will answer your questions. Because I know I’m right and can defend my words.

Dunn’s offense, with an ELITE mobile QB (aka Spencer Sanders), can be an average D1 offense (we finished 47th in '21, Dunn’s best year). So when we had a healthy, elite mobile QB, he could score 30 points per game. However, when we didn’t have an elite mobile qb, such as last weekend, or the Wisconsin game (both games where a month of preparation negates any injury excuses), our offense was inept. We have 3 pocket passers on our roster. With pocket passers, Dunn’s offense isn’t even top 100.

Finally, who is “Joy”? I don’t defend anyone on this board. I post my opinions, and support them with facts.

Why do you bring up the TCU-CU game and talk about last year? Yes, CU went 1-11. They FIRED their head coach (brought in 87 new players) and immediately got better. Maybe we could learn a lesson there. You are right that in some cases last year doesn’t relate, such as that game. But if you didn’t make changes, then last years results are part of your overall resume, and that resume for Dunn ain’t good.

1 Like