10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 36-25 Victory against Baylor

The guys here didnt grade the game. I was waiting.

Love to give everybody an A. It was a big road win.
My main reason is i guess i never felt baylor was as good as every else.

The best was special teams. Alot of good. But, had the bad flag. A couple of bad ko returns. Then the fumble. Yes we got it back.

Defense had a good day. Really have improved on tackle and placement. Got that safety. Had the two big plays. Benson should not have been on Ballwin. 2 guys should hsve been closer. But the got 2 pics.

Offense did good across the board. Line held up against the their nose guard. Had the jp pass luckily. Spencer had a pic on him. He did get doms fumble. Dom ran well had a fumble.
Limited injuries (black went out i think with a flat tire) hope he is back.
Got the lucky bounce. I mention this about teams need thid to win a title.

1 Like

I think it was Ollie who fumbled, at least the one that Sanders recovered. I donā€™t recall any others.

2 Likes

Yes your rite. Its stil a problem with dom. We are getting a list of guys.

I watched the game live and just rewatched the game (thanks Big Dave on YouTube). We played a great game against a really great opponent, on the road.

I wouldnā€™t trade our HC Mike Gundy for HC Aranda. No way.

3 Likes

I believe that our hands will be full the rest of the season, to be honest. It is an oddity for Texas and OU to be left off of that list!! lol

I do believe also that everyone, with Spencer taking care of the ball, will have their hands full with us as well. Defense keeps improvingā€¦ Spencer limits turnoversā€¦ staying aggressive on offensive play-callingā€¦ and this could be a very FUN season.

On what was mostly lauded as a very confident throw after throwing his interception (could the Baylor db have been any more visable than bright ā€˜cautionā€™ yellow???), Spencer actually was pensively short on the pass to Braydon. Only a very good catch made that play. It was after that play, not before, that Spencer seemed to gain his confidence back. jmhoā€¦ GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Good job to gundy and co. One of his better wins on the road.

Those 3 to 4 back to back possession droughts did not rare itā€™s ugly head. Hutton was the man.

I hope these fans talking bad smack on Sanders look silly when he sets the record for most wins or ties it. QBs are going to throw interceptions. Iā€™ve thrown interceptions on game winning drives before not on this level though. Itā€™s gut wrenching and heart breaking then question yourself what else you could do. Sometimes itā€™s the play design getting beat by the defense or making a premature decision. I think heā€™s overcome a lot. I hope he has a great rest of the season and makes a NFL team. I donā€™t think his ceiling is maxed. Iā€™ve read and heard from NFL people he has the arm and legs with potential to grow in the game.

2 Likes

I donā€™t disagree. But, the throw that he ā€˜bravelyā€™ made seemed pensive. I am just saying that that throw restored his confidence. It wasnā€™t made with the swagger of someone unphased by the interception.

And yeah,ā€¦ sometimes an interception is play design. But, Sanders has always had a tendency to lock in to a specific route on some play calls and he did on that one. A premature decision for sure. As time has went by, he does do it less and less.

I too was a high school quarterback. One year, my senior year, with no organized football experience. Small school adopted football. One game, I had 4 touchdown passes!!! (only one for us, but three for them!! lol) Needless to say, I was pensive. I am probably wrong, but I would love to see Sanders transition into a slot receiver for success at the next level. Now, watch him win a Superbowl!!

2 Likes

Not sure there is a HC in the country that I would rather have than Gundy for Oklahoma State. I notice that all of the Gundy bashers are noticeably quite at the moment.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Our backend does need work but there seems to be improvement. Young guys have got to learn through experience.

1 Like

Tackeling is definitely better. Tech well test the secondary

1 Like

I hope you get just what you ask for. 18 more years of Gundy and 1 more conference title.

The mullet worshipers are noticably quite at the moment.

You are a pathetic little man ar1.

2 Likes

It was because he knew that for Baylor to have a chance he had to be aggressive and take risks.

2 Likes

Gundy has started 4-0 something like 7 times and only one ended in a conference championship but you keep counting your chickens.

What are you even talking about? Weā€™re having mostly pleasant conversations with Joe gone.

Wow. It only takes a season and a half of being dead wrong and belligerent for you to compliment the team and the coach. Take note @ar1. People can come to the light.

Just let me know when Iā€™m wrong.

If your the genius. Who is going to beat us. Who is winning the conference. Dnt deflect.

You never said howuch you lost on your bet last week