10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 37-34 Cheez-It Bowl Win against Miami

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/10-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-37-34-cheez-it-bowl-win-against-miami/

The perfect way to end 2020.

Good article, this season was taxing. But you forgot about losing to TCU despite being +4 in the turnover column. Some real mind-boggling stuff…2020.

Yea good article it was a weird yr but overall great

It is dumb to lump Tylan and Chuba together when only one of them was in uniform when the clock hit 0:00. You may not remember Chuba as a quitter but I always will (among other things).

4 Likes

My ten thoughts
1 11th yr with 8 wins( would have been 7 10 win) with full schedule
2 15th straight winning season
3 15th straight bowl
4 10 and 5 in bowls
5 6 million dollar bowl game Gundy paid of his salary
6 great senior class
7finish in top 20
8 if tulsa hangs on will go 4 and 2 versus top 25
9 no turnovers
10 Presley and the other freshman looked great.
11 alot of strokes happen lmao

1 Like

Goodbye Chuba. Don’t let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. The next two up will make us proud.

3 Likes

Great? LMFAO! This was the year we actually had a great shot at the big 12 championship and possibly cfp. This is pure disappointment. Anything short of the big 12 championship is a massive L. Which Gundy achieved just like 2017

2 Likes

This shouldn’t be a conversation. 99% of osu fans have zero negative things to say about Tylan not playing the 2nd half. It’s all non-OSU fans trolling. To add to that, it was not Tylan’s choice, it was Dunn’s. He told him before the game he’d give Martin the 2nd half nod. And third, they had just got done watching king snap his knee. Anyone who has anything negative to say about Wallace would be an idiot, but I don’t think any logical or rational OSU fan is in that group.

3 Likes

You don’t pay any attention to college football at all, do ya Logan?

2 Likes

He was talking about Hubbard.

I know he was. I’m agreeing with him on his statement “don’t lump Tylan into the same group as Hubbard”. Because that seems to be the subject of conversation right now nationally.

1 Like

I’ve paid attention to how disappointing this season was yes.

I’m not getting into talks with losers. I know with us beating Miami it’ll be along off season for a few of u. And yes I’m happy u are all hurting.

Season outcome wasn’t great, agreed. But to say anything less than a conference title or a CFP appearance is “pure disappointment” is choosing to deliberately ignore the fact that 4 teams own 95% of the conference titles for the B12, P10, ACC, and SEC over the past half decade. people like to talk about how football is “full of parody” but it isn’t. It’s always the same 4 teams every year. OU, Bama, Clemson, tOSU. And there’s a reason for that. If you expect anything different, you are grouped under the literal dictionary definition of insanity. And if OSU is an utter failure for not changing that certainty, then so is 61 of the other 65 P5 teams in the country. There’s been two extremely rare anomalies to this inevitability, being LSU in 2019 and Penn state in 2016. In other words, 303 out of 305 different teams since 2015 have failed to do what you’re calling an “utter disappointment” for OSU.

2 Likes

I didn’t say win the championship. I said make it there. Anything short of that is an L. Do you really think we should’ve been short of that game with the players we have?

1 Like

Now it’s not championship u want just to play in the champ game.

1 Like

Of course I want championships. Anyone with a fully functioning brain does. Except you. But I don’t think yours is fully functioning. If this team failed to even make it to the championship game how in the hell are we supposed to in the next few years?

I have not paid attention to national coverage. I was responding to Marshall’s (Kyle Boone Lite) article, which implies that Chuba and Tylan did essentially the same thing. That could not be further from the truth. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Tylan Wallace and how he has handled himself throughout his career. He is a winner and class act.

I wanted it all this yr. But no way in hell was I going to cry none stop like a lil gurl.

1 Like

At this moment, knowing what I know now and looking back on the season, no. I don’t think they should have missed the CTG. But that is solely due to the fact that the TCU loss knocked them out, and they should have won that game. They blew that game. As far as preseason aspirations, who gave them those? OSU fans. We gave ourselves our own giant glass of orange kool aid, and then drank it. OSU wasn’t picked nationally to make the B12 title game. OU and Texas were, and based on rosters that was warranted. And really, thinking OSU was a lock to be a top 2 team may have been a little premature on our part as biased locals. We had no O-line going into week one after injuries and opt outs, and that continued throughout the year. We assumed sanders would be an all-American caliber player as a sophomore based on no previous merit and a sub-par 2019 season, and a slew of reoccurring injuries to our 2 most important offensive players in Hubbard and Wallace didn’t help. I was hesitant from the jump to just hop on the train with everyone else and assume we’d be one of the best two teams in the conference because local radio and fans were telling us so. Most people are disappointed because they assumed in august that OSU was better than everyone else when they never were. I’m disappointed because, even though I didn’t think we had the best team in august, all we had to do was beat TCU even with expected issues and we would have gotten in anyways.

3 Likes