10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 37-34 Cheez-It Bowl Win against Miami

All American running back at Iowa St was really good. Hall rushed for over 400 yards in 3 games against OSU and OU.

But Campbell has done something that Gundy canā€™t and thatā€™s beat OU with Riley coaching and make it to conference championship game.

1 Like

1sr quote, he said Texas always is a preseason pick and they blow it. I proved that wasnā€™t true. A la the 50%. Keep up.

2nd quote, he said Riley would never squander a chance at the title. He almost did, and needed unwarranted losses by 2 different teams to get there. Even though he has easily the leagueā€™s best players.

3rd quote, agreed. But I already said that 3 different times.

4th quote, think about this statement for a second. First, youā€™re mad because of OSUā€™s performances. Now youā€™re saying you assume OSU was the 2nd most talented team in the league because of their performances? Those two directly contradict one another. With that thinking, you could say the same thing about ISU. They did beat OU, and they did beat Texas. On the road.

Well if your measure of greatness is comparing someone to Gundy, yeah I guess Matt Campbell is a great coach.

Along with Matt Rhule and Tom Herman since theyā€™re all doing what Gundy canā€™t.

I said Riley wouldnā€™t squander the opportunity Gundy had. You think Riley or Campbell donā€™t make it to the championship game with the roster Gundy had? Pretty sure both of them would make it. And based on individual talent and returning experience Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty hard to not rank this team as what shouldā€™ve been the 2nd best in the conference. Not 4th.

1 Like

Am I disappointed that we arenā€™t Big 12 champs and in the CFP? Yes. Am I feeling good about next season? Yes. We had major issues on the O-line coming into this season and then injuries plagued us everywhere. Yes we found a way to lose the Texas game, but aside from that we weathered the storm pretty well. Hopefully the grad and juco transfers on the O-line can make a big impact there and to me, that should make all the difference next year. Sanders looked like he is ready to make the leap.

Who do we lose on defense? Cam Murray, Rodarius Williams, and Amen? (yes, Harper and Bundage probably). But that is a lot of returning defenders again and a strong class of freshman coming in. Iā€™m excited and I think we can compete for the Big12 title.

1 Like

ā€œIā€™m excited and I think we can compete for the Big12 title.ā€œ

Prepare for yet another year of disappointment.

1 Like

Welcome to Next Year University!

1 Like

Same as u two Gundy is here for another yearā€‹:innocent::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck::heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::exploding_head::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Matt Campbell is perfectly capable of squandering opportunities. He has never won more than 8 games in a season, is 0-4 against his in-state rival, and has losses to Northern Iowa and Louisiana. Like I said, he is a good coach, but letā€™s not make him out to be something he is not.

To be clear, I am not comparing Campbell to Gundy. I am just pushing back on you guys acting like they found the next Nick Saban up there in Ames.

1 Like

Riley has had great transfer qb and murry. Qb is I know u guys dnt know very important. Riley with his new qb couldnā€™t coach fast enough to correct his qb.
Campbell has same players we get. He does the same things u cry at Gundy for doing.
Just because u see a coach on the side line and u get a chubby doesnā€™t mean he is jesus.

1 Like

One difference, he has beaten OU twice in the 4 years heā€™s been in the conference, heā€™s played for a conference title in the 4 years heā€™s been in the conference and heā€™s won Big 12 coach of the year 3X in the 4 years heā€™s been in the conference.

What about iowa n Iowa he cant beat his own rivals.

And yet still out preforming Gundy.

No he is 2 and 4 against Gundy. Joe is always going about that punt in the ou game. Campbell did the same punt against us this yr.
Riley burn 3 fourth quarter leads this year. Its easy to have a good when u have the best players. But, he could keep his new qb from losing 2 of those games. 1 was a 21 pt lead, seriously u got to be kidding me, great coach. Against a team u guys talk about having a bad offensive scheme.
I know u guys get in a frenzy foam from the mouth. But really take some meds and read what u rite. I mean logan swears or brags he can read. But reading and comprehending are to different things.

Yet Campbell 2 wins in the last 4 years and Gundy 0. Campbell 1 conference championship game, Gundy 0. Campbell 3X Big 12 coach of the year, Gundy 1.

Big 12 best coach couldnā€™t get him a championship.he wont match Gundy wins after 7 yrs or have a championship like Gundy has in 7 yrs.

All a best coach going to get him is a chubby from Michigan fans like u guys

We arenā€™t talking about past Gundy. We are talking about current Gundy. Current Gundy seems to not give a sh!t whether this team wins or loses like younger Gundy did. Gundy was great for the program when he started but the last few years he has mentally checked out.

1 Like