10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 63-7 Victory against Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Baylor’s only done this twice in the last 12 years, and no matter how much you hate it the number 3 will always be larger than the number 1. I’ll also add they’ve been under 4 different coaches as well. The only time Baylor had losing seasons was under a first year HC trying to rebuild the program. Looks like someone forgot that Gundy went 4-7 his first season :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

I never agreed with them firing Solich. Especially after a 10-3 season. They should’ve waited a little longer. You guys are totally changing the subject though. All I told you is that they still have fans, alums, and boosters who are used to the old Nebraska. That’s what is expected. They found a coach that took a program from 0-12 to 13-0 in two years and is an alum. Why wouldn’t they look his way?

It’s a lot like how we still have fans, alums, and boosters on our side that think winning 6 games is an outstanding accomplishment. Those same people think the program can’t do any better. So we overpay for lesser results. So we just stick with the same thing we’ve always done. Do you see how this works now?

I have also said that it’s quite possible to envision Mike playing Gunnar when he shouldn’t (or worse not recruiting a better qb) being his end. It has happened way too many times. I also can’t remember any situation where a football coach playing his son at QB has worked out. I hope it doesn’t play out that way, but odds are if Gunnar starts next year, it won’t be good for anyone.

1 Like

What you don’t understand is even if Gunnar starts and gets to six wins people are going to see the season as a success. The mind set of what success looks like isn’t going to change for at least another 12-15 years. As long as Gundy is a part of the field of 80 nobody is putting his feet to the fire or making it the end for him.

1 Like

Already jealous of gundy for being gundy, now your jealous he bred rite.

1 Like

I guess we will see what happens when we play an actual team worth playing. APB was a dumb game to schedule. Playing a team like that doesn’t help anything at all. Good win, I guess. Other than being made fun of all over sports media for scheduling the equivalent of a high school team, it was worthless. It wasn’t a team to polish any skills on or scout players normally on the bench. That is what practice is for. This basically was practice. I turned it off after the first qtr and just watched the highlights. If that’s what you call them. We were going to go to the game, but I am glad we didn’t. Gundy is 11-7 in the last 10 years after bye weeks. Now we will see how good OSU really is. I am not saying Baylor will beat us, but the bye week record does fit into the mix.

1 Like

Next year, who should start? The best QB on the roster? Or anyone not named Gundy?

Until it’s clear the best QB is not taking the field, suggest we put this aside.

3 Likes

Gundy can be Gundy all he wants as long as it’s outside of football. I’d rather him be a football coach seeking championships during the season instead of trying to show how many one-handed push ups he can do in the middle of August to people who don’t care.

2 Likes

I’ve got 20/10 vision…you? :joy: :joy: :joy:

True, Arkansas State would’ve been a better team for a “practice game”. Or why not schedule Langston, they’re right down the road, help a neighbor with $$$ instead of Arkansas HBCU program. Not that Langston would’ve been a good opponent either. We should NOT schedule FCS teams IMO.

2 Likes

Gundy being Gundy. Winning everything except the games that really matter. Yep.

1 Like

I’ve said for a long time I think it should be illegal for any P5 team to schedule an FCS school.

1 Like

So does my neighbors nanny. What’s your point. Gordon is probably the slowest skill guy on the team.

1 Like

If you have questions about scheduling why don’t you ask the person(s) who takes care of scheduling these games, and it’s not Gundy. Also you do know that APB isn’t the only less than stellar small time FB program out there and there are plenty of P5 programs that play teams just like them every year. In fact APB wouldn’t have a football program if it wasn’t able to schedule games with programs like OSU. It’s something that has been going on forever in college football so don’t act like OSU/Gundy are unique in do so.

2 Likes

If Spencer comes back he’s the starter. That much is clear joy. If Gunnar stinks it up , Gundy will have a short lease on him. He’s knows it as much as anyone. Is it his fault he has good genes :flushed:

1 Like

Good god dude. I didn’t. Just saying it was a schitty game to schedule. I didn’t blame Gundy, did I??? F-Off bro.

I can already tell Gunnar is the better passer. Sanders is the better runner.

IF he comes back. He’ll probably go to another P5 school and win a conference title for the first time.

1 Like

Based on watching them both against APB maybe so.

1 Like

He will come back unless he’s high on a draft board idiot !! Why not, look what it did for our backers last year. Joy think things through don’t be that guy :flushed::crazy_face:

1 Like