2020 Final Commits and Comps/Projections

We’re there any of my rankings that you just laughed off as being a homer? I would live to hear your input. @dustinragusa24 @DrCCowboy @kyleporterCBS @kyleboone do you guys have thoughts on these more recent groups or my re-ranking of players?

Thank you. I really enjoyed doing it. Time consuming, but it’s fun to watch film while I’m sipping my orange kool-aid

No criticisms here, but I pray to whatever gods of sport have not kicked us in the dicks at this point that Bullock is not another Daxx Garman. I remember those horrible days.

1 Like

Well. I can tell you from firsthand knowledge of playing with Daxx. Their movements are very similar. They seem to have a similar play style. Hopefully with him being a backup we never have to see for sure. I would like if we do have to play a backup for a few games they utilize the 4 games Shane has. Honestly, even if it ended up being more I would like Shane out there. If he’s as good as we think, he want be here until his SR year anyways. With as much as players transfer and leave early (record numbers lately) I don’t know that you have to live and die by the 4 games or redshirt. I think it’s better used for lineman and guys that need to develop physically .

1 Like

Nope. All seemed reasonable to me. I’m also way more versed in hoops recruiting compared to football.

1 Like

Yea. Basketball recruiting really frustrates me. It seems like if you aren’t on the summer circuits then you aren’t highly rated. I don’t even want to get into all that lol.

1 Like

And to think I named my first dog I got in college Dax. He was an Aussie. Ended up not having time for him and took him to my parents over Christmas break and they were going to take him. Till he started rubbing off on my sisters new seizure dog. Got given to a family friend and they renamed him Cowboy. Thank gosh though. I’d hate to think he was walking around named after that laughing stock of a QB

Seems like he jumped locations almost as much as Daxx. :rofl: 4 high schools and 3 colleges

7 Likes

Guess the dog did live up to his name…

1 Like

:joy: ya so much he ended up changing it

2 Likes

Did you have an opinion on the other evals or re-rankings? I know you said basketball is your thing but you obviously are knowledgeable about recruiting in general.

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

I would love to hear some thoughts and opinions of some of the preferred walk-ons who have recently committed.

2 Likes

Def man. I thought about adding some when a full list was out. If you have seen one somewhere I could start now.

I don’t have a full list, but I’ve got enough to get you started. Nolan McLean (interesting 2 sport guy), Ezekial Zaragoza, Jelen Shells, Cale Cabbiness, DeSean Buckner, Rody Schneider, Timothy Stephens.

Good deal man. I’ll get on that today. That’s cool?

1 Like

Do you want a breakdown like I did with the others?

Yeah, that’d be great.

1 Like

To add to the other list of walk-ons: Tavien Woodworth, Price Daube, and Ryan Baker

2 Likes

PWO Breakdowns:

Nolan McLean 6’3” 220lbs :star::star::star:

This kid is really interesting. Obviously being a 2 sport guy he has some athleticism. He has some whip on his throwing motion that’s a little unique. He’s deceptively athletic moving around the pocket. I really like him, but I’m worried he never makes it to BPS. He’s quite the MLB prospect.

Comp: Clint Chelf

Jalen Shells ATH 6’0” 190lbs N/A

This kid is a hard one to judge. Most of his film is from the QB position. Reminded me of a poor mans Tracin Wallace. I don’t mean that as a bad things because Tracin was a very good athlete and high school player. He runs like a track athlete which makes sense because he’s a very runner in track. I think he could end up at several different positions. Solid addition tho.

Comp: Tracin Wallace

Cale Cabbiness 6’2” 185lbs N/A

I’m really excited about this kid. He’s a solid athlete and route runner. Good size and catches everything thrown his way. He used his body well against high school competition. Should eventually turn into a contributor. I like the pickup.

Comp: Austin Hays

Desean Buckner 5’11” 190lbs N/A

Desean runs a 4.79 forty. He had over 1800 all purpose yards this season with 1635 of them coming on the ground. I’m genuinely surprised to be honest that they got a young man of this caliber to come as a PWO. He garnered plenty of interest from smaller D1 programs. I could see him eventually becoming a rotational back. He’s also a very good DB and I could see him playing there as well (it has been discussed already). He is very physical as a DB and not scared to put his nose in there and make a hit. Either way it’s a solid addition.

Comp- Corey Bennett (OSU RB)/ Darius Curry (OSU DB)

4 Likes