2021 Football Season Thread

Loses to ISU, maybe Texas. I could see that going either way.

See y’all at BPS

7 Likes

Gundy should’ve thrown an “or” between Sanders and Illingworth just to cause chaos :joy:

2 Likes

How about “Says OSU SHOULD reach 100%”…

1 Like

which is why i’m giddy. this means he’s ideally healthy

4 Likes

I’m extremely cautious on Langston Anderson, at this point. :slightly_frowning_face:

we’ve gotta work on your optimism in general

7-6 seems like a possibility. I think 8-5 is most likely and staying ranked 20-25 most of the year.

1 Like

My only hope for the game in Ames is Purdy always inexplicably turns into Alex cate every time he plays us, and they can never figure us out. We are their OU. Think they’ve beat us twice in the past 15 years, maybe. One of those was the worst timing possible. :disappointed: No idea on texas, we’ve played them well but love blowing 2nd halves to them.

1 Like

9-3 is probably the most likely but I’d argue 10-2 is more likely than 8-4.

MSU - W
Tulsa - should be W
Boise - W
KSU - W
Baylor -W
Texas - shrug
Iowa State - Toss Up, Iowa State is extremely overrated imo and won’t win more than 9 games
Kansas - W
WVU - W
TCU - shrug
Tech - W
OU - L

Looking at this, there SHOULD be 8 Ws. 2 shrugs and a toss up in there and an essential guaranteed L for OU. So the floor is 8-4.

4 Likes

I think 10-2 is more of a possibility than 7-6. If our QB gets hurt, we’ve got a legitimate backup. Same with RBs, DL and safeties. Just gotta hope our CBS, LBs, and Martin and Presley stay healthy. If the O line can be marginally better, that will lead to Sanders being that much better and that has really been our only weakness the past 3 years. Cost us a bunch of games though. If they’ve fixed that, they’ll be just fine. I look at it as, just one or two good things need to happen and they could hit 10-2. A whole bunch of bad things would have to happen one after another for them to end up 7-6.

1 Like

KSU is also a toss up. I wouldn’t just pencil a W.

the team that’s lost 5 games in a row? assuming the Poke offense isn’t inept again, it should be a W

2 Likes

This makes sense to me. I honestly don’t think UT will come out firing on all cylinders. Even if Sark is good, a new QB and system will mean some bumps. If we can manage to beat UT and TCU, I think we could play in Arlington. I don’t think we’ll win, but it could secure us an Alamo bowl bid and I’d love that. (This in my mind in the ceiling, 11-3. I think 8-5 should be our floor but I’m gonna say 7-6 just because)

In Stillwater?? Nah. Had the worst offensive outing of the past 3 years there last year and they still couldn’t find a way to beat us at home. We only had 250 total yards the entire game too… KSU in Stillwater will be a much, much easier game than WVU in Morgantown if I had to guess.

1 Like

Surprised Tulsa at home is more of a toss up than Boise on the road here. My only concern is literally all of the “trap” teams in their home stadiums (ISU, WVU, TTU) are road games this year. TCU at home will be less of a toss up than WVU on the road I think. They are all capable of beating anyone on their home field. Seems like we have the worst teams in the league at home. Having Ou at home means absolutely nothing to me. If it weren’t for our best team of all time, we’d have never beaten them once in Stillwater under MG.

1 Like

Think the Texas game comes down to how well we handle Bijan. He will be the difference between us winning and them smashing us. That kid is legit, but if we slow him down and make Thompson throw to beat us they’ll be in trouble.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of tweets about how good the Tulsa defense will be this year. And that’s after they came off playing in the AAC championship

2 Likes

Might be, but their offense will almost definitely be worse. And they couldn’t get more than 7 on us last year. Plus, I’d think a decent Boise at home is still better than the greatest Tulsa team of all time. Maybe. That being said, I’m very glad we get Tulsa at home before BSU on the road. Definitely wouldn’t want it the other way around.