2021 Football Season Thread

Handled Breece Hall really well last year.

1 Like

I’m assuming this is sarcasm, sorry it’s hard to catch by text.:joy: But if it weren’t for Breece we may have beaten them by 20+. He single handedly kept them close.

1 Like

He had only 2 runs over 5 yards or something like that…I’d say that’s handling him.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree, but still He ended up with almost 10 ypc on 20 carries… I know most of that came on two big plays, but those two big plays were close to being costly. We got crushed about 8-9 times last year against different teams on 3rd and short or 4th and short run plays.I think tech did it on us 3 times in one game. Seems like opposing teams busted them open to the outside for 50+ every single time. If we stop those we’d definitely be shutting everyone down.

Over half (6) of the teams we played last year scored 2 offensive touchdowns or less last year. 9 out of 11 teams scored under their season average. We lost Williams and amen, but get everyone else back. Assuming they’re all better and Harper can give 80% of amen’s production and Holmes really has improved as much as they say, we’ll be even better this year. Super excited to watch that side of the ball.

But those went for like 60 yards a piece. He still got his.

Can we just not lose to OU again this year!!! Please Gundy!!! Find a F—KING WAY!!! I’m almost 40 and have never witnessed a Bedlam football win live and in-person. And this may be my last chance ever because SEC. I’m soooooo over losing to them every. Single. Year.

oh well it is that easy.

It’s not. That was last year.

So 8-2-shrug-shrug…?

Glad Oklahoma State has 4 RBs with or by their name. Better than Oklahoma right now. Just got confirmed they are down to 2 scholarship RBs… LOL

3 Likes

It’s not supposed to be easy, but that is what separates a champion from the rest.

I’m super surprised that Richardson is part of that “or” list. I could see any of the other 3 starting, mainly warren or LD, but Rich is getting some love. Makes me think he’s been pretty good in practice. Seems like a tall, lanky speed guy

He has gotten bigger over the offseason I think.

1 Like

Looked purty good vs Baylor. I know it’s Baylor, but they shut down Ou in Norman 7 days before that. No idea how good Warren is but I’ve heard some buzz that he’s been good enough to be the main horse. Sounds like he can be used in the passing game too

Fun fact about LD, he came in the same year as Justice Hill, Rodarius Williams, and Teven Jenkins.

It wasn’t a great class on paper but 3 guys drafted. Also in that class were AJ Green, Amen Onbongbemiga, Dillon Stoner, and Devin Harper.

11 Likes

This is… a dumb statement. If it was “just figure it out” it would have been figured out.

1 Like

Complacency is…a terrible look for a program. Carry on.

2 Likes

So you really think that Gundy is up there NOT trying to win… you’re an idiot.

1 Like