2021 Football Season Thread

Nope. Folks are too busy trying to fire Gundy to call plays.

4 Likes

I can multi-task.

“Mike, I got great news! You’re headed to the Pac-12 like you wanted. Easier path to a conference title with no OU. And you haven’t heard the best part…no USC to contend w/ because…you’re taking that job! Chad’s working on a reduced buyout as we speak. But before you leave, I need you to call Oopty Oop one time. Have your oldest boy look up Varsity Blues on YouTube. He can explain it.”

See? It’s easy.

1 Like

Dunn is still in Stillwater because he was fired.

2 Likes

You’re delusional.

4 Likes

I was being somewhat facetious. Stop being an a55hole to those of us who want Gundy gone.

1 Like

This might win. :joy::rofl:

Thank you! I’ve been watching highlights from that movie lately, so I went with it. :joy:

I think what @travis5266 is trying to say is:

3 Likes

When you stop the idea of firing our best coach ever to hire some scrub who will either

A) throw OSU in to the pooper
B) they have success and they’re gone ASAP

5 Likes

Ok, so Gundy’s the best coach ever. That’s an established fact, and I for one think he’s brought our program into a national prominence and has been the backbone of where we are today as a football brand. He’s obviously a wealth of knowledge and I’ve loved watching his commentary during things like the NC games.

But. What’s next? Are we going to ignore the very visible downhill trajectory of the program because of his legacy of success? Is the expectation peaked at mediocre bowl appearances? Are we willing to risk it all to elevate our expectations to championship-level football?

I don’t know the right answer. I’m just an alum and big fan. Maybe bowl appearances are it for us. Personally - I’d rather compete for championships. I find myself getting to the point that those risks seem worth taking, because I’d rather be focused on how we’re going to compete with the top level teams in the conference rather than why we’re barely beating high school teams early in the season and our coaching staff can’t seem to offer up anything other than injury/youth excuses and seemingly benign strategy on how to improve.

:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

They were suspended the first series of the Western Carolina game. It was handed over to OUPD then handed over to a trash can.

10 Likes

Makes sense. All of Norman is one giant trash can.

4 Likes

Extremely well played sir.

Why is the notion of greatness in football at Oklahoma State unattainable in your opinion? I’ve lived through OSU football being in the crapper. So I will be loyal and true if we go through it a second time. Im willing to run that risk if it means we move on from Mike Gundy. Les spent 4 years here and left for LSU. I get it. A coach looking for a blue-blood will bolt. That’s fine too. I don’t agree with Miles complete lack of morals at KU. Or LSU. Or the way he left a mess for Gundy to clean up his first year. I hate those things. But I can tell you most assuredly that Les instilled a swagger and belief in the program that permeated through the fan base that was desperately needed!!! That swagger is gone. The identity is gone. When is the last time we ran a fake punt? Or did that “throw it back to the QB” play? The one Chelf and Mason ran to perfection. Or watched a fullback barrel into the endzone? That stuff is dead and gone. Buried under a mountain of mediocrity, Cowboy Culture, and the all-important bowl streak. As long as 50,000 folks are okay with 8-4, Gundy will keep cashing checks. Because not enough people are willing to take a stand and demand that Oklahoma State truly commit to having an elite football program.

“Makes me wanna puke!”-Gundy

2 Likes

@Carlfromwork I think this thread needs a good brown Casper story. Got any new ones?

1 Like

Literally ran a throwback to Spencer like 15 games ago in his first season starting. How many times are we supposed to run it?

1 Like

This!

1 Like

Is there a difference between a Fart and a Brown Casper, or are they the same thing?

12-1 > 8-4 > 6-6

There have been schools that traded 8-4 for 6-6 (see Texas, Nebraska, etc). I’m sure there are schools that traded 8-4 for 12-1 (Clemson?). All of us want 12-1 but there’s no guarantee. It’ can be easy for some fans when the risk is not born by us to come to the conclusion that this risk is acceptable. For others the risk is too much. It’s not that we want different things, it’s just if you are willing to risk it. So if someone argues against firing Gundy, it’s not that they don’t want to win championships, it’s just that the odds are not in our favor.

7 Likes

therealBP can’t clean up after himself when he makes a mess but he makes some good points here

6 Likes