2022 In State QB prospect

•I know this isn’t particularly “juicy” info, but there is a 2022 QB prospect from Jones Oklahoma that I really think we should keep our eye on.

Carson May from Jones, OK (Jones HS) is a 6’5” 200lbs QB. Despite not holding any offers yet, it’s not that alarming seeing as how young he is. He has attended several B12 camps and impressed many coaches. I would expect offers to start coming in this summer as he heads into his JR season.

•His head coach (Dave Martin) recently told me “he would love to play in the B12 and prefers it”. Carson has told me OSU is somewhere he would love to be and has thoroughly enjoyed his camps in Stillwater. Carson’s brother signed to play DE at Tulsa out of HS.

•Carson threw for over 2,300 yards and 22 TDs while completing 66% of his passes (169/259) as a sophomore. He also added 250 rushing yards and 5 TDs.

Check out his athleticism on the basketball court as well.

8 Likes

If you have tome watch this film. Kids gonna be a STUD! Top recruit for 2022 in OK

2 Likes

I want to hear what you all think! Comment and let me know!

Looking at the not on tape situation I wonder how Gunner being on campus will impact QB recruiting. Could be positive or negative:

1. My understanding is he will be a walk on which opens a scholarship since he’d rate a scholly as a Freshman at just about any program he went to. (positive)

2. If he performs well in his redshirt year it would make for a crowded QB room and obviously him being Gundy’s son might scare off recruits. (negative)

All that aside, this kid looks really good. His recruitment should be interesting if he stays healthy.

1 Like

Didn’t Daxx Garman also play a year at Jones Ok? I thought Daxx had talent but lacked an OL . If he had time to throw he was pretty good. What’s the deal with Jones Ok and qbs?

2 Likes

Daxx had a canon. He also had a concussion. I felt bad for him.

So did David Cornwell (Bama). And the OK Gatorade POY from 2 years ago and current UCO QB Brandon George. Wrote him was Clayton Simms (NEO) and Michael Lowe (SNU). They can groom QBs. No doubt about it. There HC that I mentioned first coaches out of college in Texas under Joey McGuire. The current Baylor Assistant HC and possible new Baylor HC. This kid will be a stud. He’s further along than any of them were as a sophomore

2 Likes

This kid will be the real deal. I attended edmond north and I’ve watched some HS games around Oklahoma and this kid has “it”. He’ll be a legit P5 prospect, definitely gonna be a high 3 star, maybe a 4 star by the time he’s gonna sign.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have. He could throw it hard but had 0 accuracy. He was the same in high school. Low character as well.

1 Like

Well that stinks. I agree on the accuracy issue, I just hate seeing kids getting brutalized out there. Had no idea about the character issues.

I suppose you could say he had a scud arm… Could throw for miles and and had a target about as wide.

Yea. There’s a reason he attended 6 high schools, 2 different states, and 3 colleges as well. Wasn’t because he was super talented and everyone loved him. He looked good in warm ups but that’s about it.

1 Like

Very true… It’s not always the case though… Dru bounced around as well and character proved to be his strongest talent.

I just always default on assuming the best about people until I see/hear otherwise. Kind of a neieve approach but it’s my default state.

1 Like

So… Any thoughts on how Gunner being on the team might impact 2022 QB recruiting? I know it’s way out there but it’s shaping up to be an interesting story.

Well. I can tell you from 1st hand knowledge. Character was worse than his accuracy.

1 Like

I don’t think it will. They want to take a QB in every class regardless

Good, I think Gunner will be a chance for MG to show his character. It’s hard to work for/with family (I know… My dad is my boss [I recruited him]) but it can be really special.

1 Like

Regardless… We need to be all over this kid. That tape looks good.

I won’t trash Gunnar, but I honestly wish he had gone elsewhere, both for his sake to spread his wings as a QB and for OSU’s sake to avoid uncomfortable narratives that could arise.