2022 In State QB prospect

Dang it, autocorrect has been ‘fixing’ Gunnar’s name.

I see both sides… I don’t think we will have another Simmons situation with this.

Probably not and I’m not saying anything untoward is happening here. I just worry that, by the time he’s a junior or senior, the pressure will be on HCMG to play him at least SOME, even if he’s not the best QB, simply because I can’t imagine that Gunnar wants to join the team and just warm the bench his whole career.

We just have to hope Mike raised him right and sticks to his principles which is something I have almost total confidence in him on.

1 Like

I’m sure he did. Again, I want to make it clear I’m not trashing him in the least. I just worry about the future and the complications that could arise.

Carson May looks interesting, though. He balls out, we could be in on the ground floor there.

2 Likes

He looks awesome.

And he’s only a Soph.

1 Like

Dude. He’s the real deal. Comes from good stock and a really good program. Even tho it’s a small school, that doesn’t change that he’s 6’5 as a sophomore and clearly athletic if you watch the basketball play. Dudes a stud and I want them to get on him early, because if we do I honestly believe he would commit and stick to it before bigger programs come calling. And they will. Kids like him don’t grow on trees. He’s gonna be like Shane and I would love to have two of him in a row.

4 Likes

Would love your in depth assessment on Carson tho

He can definitely sling it. A good cannon is great. I’d like to see him be a bit more mobile though. Not necessarily to Sanders-level, but he’s pretty solidly in the pocket, which can be an issue against heavy rushes.

Well. He made it a point to do that to show that he can stand in the pocket. Did you see his basketball film? He’s def not a statue. Remember he’s only 15

Also he’s only played 13 varsity games. I just want someone with the tools. The others can be taught. You can’t teach 6’5” at 15 with a big arm. That’s 4 star level tools

1 Like

I just don’t want to see us wait around and miss out

1 Like

Good time to refresh and get new eyes on for eval.

No way it impacts recruiting. You take a QB every year, bottom line.

2 Likes

But what’s your take on this young man?

@Alum_in_AZ
@AustnPoke
@TheHeadChimp
@eddy
@OSUPSYCHO

Thoughts from the usual suspects?

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t investigated at all. Good luck to the young man!

No thoughts on the film?

I haven’t taken time yet to watch.

1 Like

Meh. Even if he’s a stud, more than likely signees 19-25 will be unranked 3 stars with 1 or 2 2 stars.

I don’t really care about individual players, we’ll get some good ones. I care that the classes as a whole are embarrassingly bad and we won’t have enough depth in the program to ever get back to 2011 levels.

1 Like

That’s the most bizarre response I’ve read all day haha

5 Likes