2023 Bedlam Thread: Oklahoma šŸˆ

Is it early to start the Bedlam thread?

Yes.

Is it too early?

Absolutely not, I say.

Anyone going to the game? Iā€™m hoping to find a couple tickets for my pops and I if anyone is selling. IDK if OSU wins but I dang sure want to be there to see it.

7 Likes

I canā€™t help but feel like this is a bad omenā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ll be there, but I have a couple to sell. Message me and we can talk.

2 Likes

How dare you.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be there, but unfortunately I donā€™t have a couple of extra. Hopefully I can meet some of you at the tailgate.

5 Likes

We gotta beat Cincy before we start talking about OUā€¦ Letā€™s hope the team is focused on the game Saturday lol

11 Likes

This team not completely focused could lose any game remaining on the schedule no question. :joy:

4 Likes

I donā€™t want to get ahead of myself, but yeah heading to Bedlam for the first time. Coming down from Illinois for my 30th with a big group.

10 Likes

https://x.com/Carson_OKC/status/1715913195997581630?s=20

14 Likes

Glad itā€™s the last one.

5 Likes

We are losing to Cincinnati for sure now. :joy:

3 Likes

I donā€™t care how , or who makes the plays , I would just love curb stomping them. Pound them in the ground. That probably wonā€™t happen but itā€™s an idea I can get behind. We arenā€™t good enough yet to look past anyone but we can win the rest of them and play i the CC

3 Likes

This feels like a really dangerous game we are playingā€¦:flushed:

6 Likes

For @SherlockOhms and anybody else wants to get fired up:

ā€œWe donā€™t like them. Itā€™s personal.ā€-Mike Boynton, Jr.

Youā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā–  right itā€™s personal.

Itā€™s an annual right of passage. Itā€™s a war thatā€™s anything but holy. Itā€™s the ecstasy of 2021. And the agony of 2013. Itā€™s a contest that goes back over 100 years. Most of which have not been kind to the men in Americaā€™s Brightest Orange. But thisā€¦.this is the Year of the Cowboy.

For all of his deserved criticism, Gundy knows this is the Year as well. He wonā€™t say it. He wonā€™t admit to ever caring about fans, but he does care about his program. And deep down, he knows how important this one is. He knows more than probably anyone because heā€™s invested most of his life as an athlete and coach being the caretaker who raised the Pokes from 4-7 in ā€˜05 to a Big 12 title in ā€˜11. Two Fiesta Bowl wins. Despite completely butchering the non-con with indecisiveness, we still HAVE A LOGO, TOO!!! Heā€™s going to coach like it too.

Itā€™s the orange and black of OSU. Itā€™s the Marshall badge, and Phantom Pete and the icy whites, and the paint chips flying as Castlemanā€™s check engine light came on. Itā€™s ā€œThere Goes The Cheetah!ā€ Love him or hate him, Tyreek made his imprint on this sacred game. As did Weeden, Blackmon, Richetti, Staley, Z-Rob and Dez, Spencer, Jaylen, and so many who came before them.

Itā€™s time to lay this rivalry to rest in 8 days. Doesnā€™t matter who wants to blame which side. The fact is itā€™s done. OU can have the overall record. The All Americans. The conference titles. The one thing they canā€™t have is this last Bedlam victory. Itā€™s ours. Because Cowboys donā€™t quit. Cowboys have work ethic, grit, determination. Cowboys get bucked off in adversity and climb right back in the saddle. Cowboys have pride, honor, dignity, and faith.

Sooners simply donā€™t. Itā€™s in their name. They cheat, lie, and steal. Then brag about it all. They have since 1889. Thatā€™s why itā€™s personal.

Itā€™s personal because we share schools, churches, businesses and even families in some cases. Two groups crowded into the same patch of red dirt. One thing we donā€™t have to share anymore is a conference. The Big 12 will be ours to rule. Which will be abundantly clear when the Pokes take down the Sooners in front of 60,000 screaming fans. The House that Boone Built will be rocking beyond belief regardless of kicktime. Itā€™s about to get rowdy.

Bowman will drop dimes. Ollie will run wild. CO will get his sacks. The defense will force turnovers. When the smoke clears on Saturday, this entire state will knowā€¦ā€¦itā€™s personal.

Pokes 35 Sooners 28.

LFG!!!

13 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot to read for a game we always lose and likely will again. I have no prediction and glad Bedlam is over.

4 Likes

Iā€™m glad itā€™s done too. And yeah, it was a lot. You donā€™t have to read it, but ā€œBe a lot cooler if you did.ā€ :joy:

6 Likes

I bring apathy to Bedlam anything.

1 Like

I almost wish I could do that. Caring so much about this one God-forsaken game has brought me so much more pain than joy. We desperately need this one.

3 Likes

I love it Travis!

1 Like

Thanks! I knew you would!

1 Like