4 Star Recruiting and Retention Woes

It is no secret that many of us fans constantly complain about our inability to bring in a solid group of 4 stars in a class. Whenever we do get a few 4 stars it is considered a great class, however, I wanted to bring a new subject to light that may infuriate many other fans. In the 2015-2019 recruiting classes 6/9 of our 4 star recruits have transferred. 66.7% of 4 stars we recruited in that time transferred. This is a strong trend under Gundy and I’m not sure what the cause is. I remember watching the kansas game where we gave 5-6 running backs carries and thought to myself “where is deondrick glass?”, a couple weeks later he entered the transfer portal. I fear that this trend is going to continue as I also noticed that Brennan pressley was getting a good amount of playing time against K-State. Again my thoughts were “where is langston anderson?” I understand that pressley is incredibly talented but doesn’t Gundy care about waiting your turn and following the cowboy culture? In the case of LA it seems that some of these convictions are inconsistent and we may lose him to transfer as well. Not only can we not recruit 4 star recruits at a level that should equate to the level of success that we have had in the last decade, but we cannot retain them when we do get them. I understand that many of our studs are 3 star guys with chips on their shoulders and they normally outplay their billing, but the fact remains. No team has ever made the college football playoff without a 5 star on the roster. We struggle to pull in 4 stars to which i think we are a hgh enough caliber program to net 6-8 per cycle. This is also a big reason as to why we can’t get over the OU hurdle, they recruit circles around us and have way more depth. What do you guys make of this issue?

1 Like

Letting 2/3 of the 4☆ players that you finally get to campus transfer (when you get so few) should be grounds for firing.

Uve been doing this for a while. Does ur eyes ever dry up or are u crying all the time

So when are we going to make it to the conference championship game? Can’t say can you? Here, let me help. When we get a different coach.

Were going this year. Oh wait I mean osu is going

You wanna bet?

Well I’m not into dress and horses so I see no reason to bet . But u can cry all u want when we do

So did u ever get gundy fired

No I’m content watching him take the program down just like Pat Jones , that way we won’t have to hear about him at all some day.

He will have a statue some day. U really think it would end. The greatest osu coach every

It only took Pat 3 years to go from a Heisman to 0-10-1 and I have no doubt that Gundy is every bit as sorry as Pat.

Well how long u got, hope ur not old. U could die before u see gundy gone.

I’m in my prime!

Lol yeah well :rofl: I’m sorry for u. Thats a long time to have gundy as a coach

Do you know what a fluke is? That’s being able to do something once and never able to do it again. You know, like a conference title for Gundy

Look up just lonely and flirting. When u want to talk football ok.

Slapped to the curb.

This team isn’t making the Big 12 championship under Mike Gundy. Period.

2 Likes

Period wow u mean business.