A History of OSU’s Ranking in the Preseason AP Top 25 Poll and What It Suggests of 2022

How many times have we been predicted to win the conference or predicted to play in a conference title game only to find spot #3?

Probably gave us the best defense we’ve ever had here. You’re right. He hasn’t proven anything :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

Ive told to expand your talks. I can only answer with blah blah blah. You have repeat the same endlessly

1 Like

No doubt we would have torched Les Miles’ Tigers. That travesty started with Big 12 refs calling the field goal attempt a miss when camera angles showed it went directly over the top of the goal post. In that situation, with a NC spot on the line, that Big 12 ref has to call that good. Second, as we look back at how ESPN has lured Texas and OU to the SEC with big money, it should not be any surprise now that Nick Saben spent the whole day on the ESPN Game Day set, pimping his team for a “do-over” with LSU, even though the results on his own home field proved LSU and Oklahoma State should have met in that championship game. Big college football is a BIG Business and is a dog-eat- dog world. I still remember, (when watching the replay of the game at which I was there in person) the TV reporter-ette running breathlessly after Gundy across the field, after our Cowboys had destroyed OU, and ask him if his Cowboys deserved to be in the BCS final. With a deer-in-the-headlights look he meekly answered, the committee will decide that. Mike has hopefully grown some balls since that time.

2 Likes

Since the 4-team playoff has started, every eventual MNC has started in the top six of the AP pre-season poll . . . every one! (FWIW)

Joe, it was Gundy who made the decision to emphasize recruiting on the defensive side of the ball over the offense. Knowles had the “horses in the stall” to build a dominant defense, because of Coach Gundy’s understanding it was a player/recruiting issue.

Joe, we lost the Conference Championship game because of three injuries to our starting O-line and the loss of Jalen Warren for the entire game. Yes, it is a recruiting depth issue, but not gameday coaching.

2 Likes

It’s tough to expand a talk when you have an idiot trying to convince you that a guy that’s given us the best defense we’ve ever had isn’t a defensive genius (Even though Mike Gundy said he was) :roll_eyes:

I agree. That was a really bad call for sure.

1 Like

I am certain there is still a strong bias against Mike “I’m a man, I’m 40” Gundy with the AP “Berry Tramel-esque” sports writers. There are two things that need to happen before oSu will get respect from ESPN and the AP . . . put together Top-10 recruiting classes each year and go undefeated in the regular season and win an MNC. After that we will be one of the “chosen”

2 Likes

Texas is NOT ranked in the AP poll, FWIW. They could be scary good.

2 Likes

Gundy will never be a “great coach” at oSu. He is certainly the “best coach” ever at oSu. His role in the ascension of the Cowboys to national prominence and blue blood status will always be remembered in Cowboy lore and the “culture” he established. As a former Marine, I can relate to how Gundy has doe “the most with the least” resources. But the first “great” coach has yet to be hired, and he will bring Top 10 recruiting classes and MNCs in the years to come. With the late great T. Boone Pickens in mind, I hope I live long enough to see those days.

When Mike puts together his first Top 10 recruiting class, I will revise my prognostications. In reality, Mike’s first Top 10 class could result in an undefeated MNC season.

2 Likes

Im waning on texas. Their offense still has horses. The defense has made no improvement. The oline was talking about starting up to 3 freshman. Their left guard is gone. The Wyoming kid is out. Hall is gone ewers may not be 1qb. Seems to be the normal texas hype gone wrong.

2 Likes

How many times have we played OU for the conference before the CC game came in ? If it fits your narrative you use it, only then. All you have is a bunch of gibberish that it’s relevant idiot.

1 Like

What’s gibberish is saying the DC we had that gave us the best defense we could probably ask for is not a defensive genius when his own boss tells you so.

We will see if Knowles is a genius at tOSU … he wi have better talent than we had So was it Knowles or the Covid year players. You jump on any bus that has a ride for a year when he never had a defense like we had last year. Go help your dad jug

1 Like

You’re just a Knowles hater. Because he got the praise and Gundy didn’t. Stop acting like such a pathetic loser.

You expect him to have a top 5 defense at Duke? Dam you’re stupid!!!

1 Like

So lets expand the talk JoeJoe. What is your next whine going to be?
Maybe what ratio of species Gundy stocks his ponds? Perhaps Gunnars hair or some esoteric perceived gripe you have from 20 tears ago? Remember that Gundy fumble?

2 Likes

Texas isnt shaping up as “scary good” but more likely dropping 5 or 6 games.

2 Likes

How about when Gundy is going to decide he needs to win his second conference title?

Baylor is not looking that good too, on offense. There relying on rb and recievers that have been out last year.

Yes they have all senior line but we sacked shapen 6 times. They will not be rest when they play us. We will have seen there whole offense. They got isu and byu.

I hope we will be set to go tempo. That will make those dt tired.

1 Like

I see you made another friend with your football knowledge.

1 Like

But you said Knowles was a genius defensive coordinator. , right. If so why not at Duke you moron ? According to you we aren’t any better than Duke so what’s the difference. I know let’s go bring in Alabamas defense, maybe Clemson, he’ll even Georgia…you like to compare all the time…. You just throw chit against the wall to post.