A Lesson To Learn From the Goons: Why Turning to Caleb Williams doesn't make sense

The booing won’t happen the next time OU is at home. Why? Because they don’t go back to Norman until Oct 16. They go to KState & Dallas before that & by that time this will be resolved. Listen carefully, I’m not saying it’ll be fixed. I have no idea if the oline will get any better. But the decision to play Caleb Williams or not will be made by then. If Rattler continues to struggle, Riley will play Williams. There’s no doubt in my mind. That decision to pull Rattler will be waaaay easier away from Owen Field. Once the fans in your building start demanding a change, you can’t do it or else you look like you caved to the pressure. But on the road…….that’s a different story. So by the time OU gets back to Norman, this issue will be settled.

Before u go off crying just read this out. U r rite there r a ton of stuff a recruit looks at…
Ex. What if a qb was at the game?
His top 3 pics r ou usc and some other bb school.
Usc is going through a coaching change
Ou have fans booing the qb.
If at the start of the season all was equal, is it now.

I think the depth chart, proximity to home, style of play, chance to get to the NFL, facilities, Conf you play in, relationships you’ve formed with the coach that’s primarily recruiting you……at any of those schools is more important. Like I’ve said multiple times, the “Caleb” chant will have less of an impact than all of those things I’ve mentioned in my opinion. Hey we’ll see. It could to someone. I just highly doubt it. Just my opinion

Like in my example everything was equal when the season started. I would think the recruit would need just a lil thing to help make a choice.
Sure if the recruit was picking between ou, osu and smu. They may think it’s funny their booing.

You are correct. Also, I mentioned earlier that if Riley pulled him in Norman it would look like he caved. More likely to happen in Manhattan. I think OU goes in and makes a statement. If the offense does struggle early, he pulls him. I don’t think anybody in crimson wants to even imagine a 3rd straight loss to Kleiman. OU has had this one circled on the calendar for a while. It could be a bloodbath in OU’s favor with Thompson not quite back yet for Kansas State, plus coming off a tough road loss to my Pokes.

Joey would :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::scream::scream::scream::scream::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

well, i hope rattler continues to struggle, they do pull him at some point and put caleb in, and that he is much much worse. that’s what i would love to see.

i thought the article was a good read, but not necessarily the recruiting stance. i just think it shows that the sooners have absolutely no class

if we lost the rest of our games, but then beat ou at the end of the season, then the season is a total success in my opinion

“if we lost the rest of our games, but then beat ou at the end of the season, then the season is a total success in my opinion”

That is the absolute definition of a losers mentality. No way, no how would you ever hear an OU fan say that about beating Texas. I hate Texas. Cannot stand anything about the university. But going 1-11 and beating Texas would be pathetic.

1 Like

Alot of fans say that. Even ue ou texas fans.
Not to many coaches would survive even when beating ou.
It is important to some fans tho. Back in the 80’s, when ksu and ku were both prower houses. That game would determine who got a win for the season. The winning fans took out the goal post 3 years in a row.
In '86 they touched a bug and had a riot in Aggieville.
'87 the goal post went into the pond. '88 they paraded the goal post down thur Aggieville.
So going 1 and 10 did mean something​:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::hugs::hugs::hugs::scream::scream::scream::scream::confounded::persevere::disappointed::sweat::weary::tired_face:

Aaaand that mindset is why we are having to celebrate our only Big 12 title from a decade ago. Accepting mediocrity. And why @KetchupSicle and his fellow Sooner fans laugh at our expense. Thanks for continuing to feed the “little brother” agenda/mindset. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Can’t like this enough. That’s why you have 6 straight conference titles and we don’t.

1 Like

No OU fan will ever say “if we go 1-11 & beat Texas it’s a success”. None. You’ll have some ignorant fans say that OSU isn’t a rival, which is also dumb.

I would never say this. But I have know people even ou fans. Some people hate some teams. So that said u an idiot. Just because they say it do they mean it.
And like I point out for bad teams that win is a big deal.
When a bad team beats another bad team and take down the goal it’s a rival game.

I have never seen an adult male suck up so much.
Good God man have some respect for urself.
If ur going to act like a loser u are a loser.

1 Like

Okay.

1. The fact that you refuse to see that OU has an “on-the-field” football tradition to be envied shows a failure to grasp reality.
  2. Your lack of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure should be examples on what not to do in a 3rd grade essay.
  3. The stubbornness you exhibit when defending Gundy is mind-boggling.
  4. Agreeing with an OU fan on a few things does not make me a suck up.
  5. I have enough self-respect to know that I won’t resort to name-calling as you just did.
  6. I will never understand why you are content with finishing 3rd in conference, which translates to a less prestigious bowl and more importantly, no chance at a Big 12 championship.
  7. I’m beginning to wonder if I live rent-free in your head. That’s the only logical explanation for your insatiable need to respond.

Glossary:

Insatiable- adjective describing a strong desire to accomplish a task or fulfill a wish

2 Likes

Lmao that’s a Joey response. Even got the grammar crap in.
Dude this envy I’m suppose to have for the goons is laughable. Even ur response is a warped suck up.
I envy nothing ou has. No respect. Not even a jones’s syndrome.
Do u envy the mafia. Do u respect a child molesting priest. Their so called on field tradition was gained through years of nefarious actions.
I love the rent free thing. A goon wannabe is in my head oh my it itches. Lmao

1 Like

OU just signed their top 2 recruits in the 22 class, both of which were in Norman during the West Virginia booing/We want Caleb chants. One of them is Gentry Williams, who happens to be top rated recruit in Oklahoma. Like I said……the prospects don’t care about that. The fans do.

Also……this article did not hold up well

Fans donors whatever u calling them
I wonder if manning cared if Texas lost while he was in Austin. Ur recruits will care when in the sec going 8 and 5 just saying

1 Like

Riley going to lsu.

Donors dont care either. Donors care mostly about getting their ego’s stroked, their efforts recognized, and whether their alma-mater is winning. They do not care about the student section chanting for a backup QB. Arch Manning doesnt care if Texas lost the day he was there either.

So are you saying Riley will go to LSU?