A Lesson To Learn From the Goons: Why Turning to Caleb Williams doesn't make sense

Asking about riley going to lsu. I know what u will say. High buy out and why would he.
It’s easier to win a natty there.

What about the Baylor coach

Buyouts dont matter to places like LSU. Its a lateral move. It is “easier” to win the Nat Title. You dont have to leave the state to recruit a roster good enough to win a bunch of games. Theyve won 3 Titles with 3 different coaches in the last 18 years. Thats pretty good.

LSU will hire a former employee…but it wont be Aranda. I say itll be Joe Brady. Everybody wants to go offensive guys. Hes a young cat. Coached with the Saints. With LSU. He’ll have to turn them down before they went somewhere else. Aranda would be on the list, but towards the bottom. Urban Meyer will get a call. Im sure the Oregon guy who played at Miami will too. Riley wont even float his name with that job. See, the only reason your name gets in those is if your people float it on purpose…like Gundy

Yea I’m sure urban was thought of.
Lsu having miles and now this guy have questionable interaction with females I would think guys like urban and petrino wouldn’t make the real list.
With less and less great offense it would be hard to see an offensive mind being brought in unless it’s a guy like riley.
For riley I would think he would jump on it. Tell his agent to call them up. Ou just has not got the high level defensive players. Louisiana is full off them. He can still go nationally for offense.
The Baylor coach seems to be clean. And if he goes 8 and 5 would be an eye catcher. It is the sec defense is important. As ou will find out.

“With less and less great offense”…where do you get that!!! Offenses arent as rolling right now due to bad QB play. Thats it. This is still an era of football thats all about offense. Heres the recent hires in the SEC

Arkansas: Sam Pittman (Offensive guy)
Auburn: Bryin Harsin (Offensive guy)
Miss. St: Mike Leach (Offensive guy)
Ole Miss: Kiffin (Offensive guy)
Tennessee: Heupel (Offensive guy)
Mizzou: Drinkwitz (Offensive guy)

As a matter of fact, there are only 3 HC’s in the SEC who are defensive guys (Stoops, Smart and Vandy guy)

And listen, I know how youve posted about what you think OU will do in the SEC. Theyll be terrible. Youve said Riley isnt a good coach. I get it. You can save adding it every time

If ur call Pittman an offensive guy ok as much as miles.
All of these guys are new. And yet to see if they will play " their " kind of game.
Out of those guys how many will make their second contract.
Leach is the most dynamic name on their and we know he will need a gun slinger. His lack of success has been his lack of defense.
I would think kiffin would be a name thrown around.

Coaching the OlIne…is an offensive guy. If you dont call them offensive guys…then what the hell would they be?

I never said terrible. If they keep the division the division. No Alabama and a bad hire at lsu. Ou could do good.

You have said theyll do bad enough that Riley gets fired.

I think an oline would be a guy who understands get the best out of both the lines. He is no riley, Shark, kiffin, or leach

I never said whether they were good coaches or not. You mentioned it being “hard to see an offensive mind being brought in”. Dude, the vast majority of hires are offensive guys.

U say alot of stuff too. Like I said he will have problems over in the sec west.
If they go pods. Who knows. U could be 12 and 0 or 4 and 8. The sec Flux so much with teams good one year and bad the next it will be a crap shoot.

1 Like

Oh I know that oc are the most of hc.

OU wont go 12-0. Nor will they go 4-8.

Lets see what you think on this one. Who plays in the Big 12 Championship game? Not asking who wins. Who are the 2 teams that make it to Arlington?

The divisions will change when they join. My guess is pods or bama and auburn move to the east so it is most likely not going to be the same west we see now.

Baring any upsets. Us and ou.
Even if we lose Saturday I think we go.
I see us taking isu. Purdy has a hard time with pressure

1 Like

Really. That mite have been when I talked about division I didn’t talk about Alabama, just lsu.
But thanks for u help, I was getting lost

Sat is the deciding game. I think OU wins out and finishes 9-0. If OSU wins Sat, they can lose Bedlam and should get in regardless. Lose Sat though…and then lose Bedlam…and its Iowa St in the drivers seat. I just think that Spencer Sanders is going to eventually come back to bite the Cowboys. I thought it was last week and turned out wrong. I really dont think Purdy is very good either. Ill say OSU wins Sat. to likely seal the deal on a Bedlam rematch in Arlington.

1 Like

You said he’s going to have problems in the west. If bama isn’t there it becomes a whole lot easier.